"The peaceful Kukai's retreat" Top 5 Page for this destination Koyasan by LeDragon
Koyasan Travel Guide: 32 reviews and 134 photos
For many japanese, espacially those member of the shingon budhist sect, KoyaSan is the aim of a pilgrimage. Some will finish there the "88 temple of Shikoku pilgrimage". Foreigners will often stay in temple, so to be able to attend the prayer. The surrounding is incredibly beautiful and peaceful, altough it can be full of visitors, all japanese, but for very few exceptions.
Notice the two guardians... and that it was 6 o'clock in the morning...
- Pros:Peace and beauty
- In a nutshell:Budhism, japanese style
"Tintin et les brebis de Koyasan", the new Hergé book :-) An information map at the entry of the town. more travel advice
Walk through the Sando, a huge cemeteray under huge trees, likely japanese cypress. Could you see the persons on the... more travel advice
LeDragon's Related Pages
Koyasan Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Holy Mount Koya"
- "Mt Koya: center of Shingon Buddhism"
- "Sacred Tourism"
- "The peaceful Kukai's retreat"
- "Two Days of Peace"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Koyasan
- Hotels in Koyasan
- Transportation in Koyasan
- Warnings and Dangers in Koyasan
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Koyasan
- 6 Reviews
- 9 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Koyasan?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Koyasan
Photos in KoyasanSee All Photos (9)
Top 10 Pages
- Peru Intro, 15 reviews, 61 photos, 5 travelogues
- Cambodia Intro, 10 reviews, 32 photos, 5 travelogues
- Quebec Intro, 18 reviews, 17 photos, 4 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 3 reviews, 13 photos, 1 travelogue
- Kyoto 8 reviews, 8 photos
- Chiang Mai Intro, 6 reviews, 9 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Koyasan Intro, 6 reviews, 9 photos
- New York City Intro, 5 reviews, 8 photos, 1 travelogue
- Maine 6 reviews, 7 photos, 1 travelogue
- Ecuador Intro, 5 reviews, 7 photos, 1 travelogue