"Kawkaban" Top 5 Page for this destination Kawkaban by K1W1
Kawkaban Travel Guide: 19 reviews and 59 photos
Kawkaban is just a short (45mins to 1hr) up the side of the mountain overlooking Sayun, which is about an hour out of Sana'.
This place is amazing as it overlooks a huge valley and the houses are built right on the edge - great views while you're chewing 'gat' with the locals. My host, Yahya, says even the president comes here to chew.
Kawkaban is also an ideal base if youre interested in doing some trekking in the area.
My first trek here took me through 5 villages, down a wadi and took about 10hrs (others have done it in 6, but I took time to photograph and chat with the locals). The day was incredible. I have been trekking each day since then and just when you think you've seen everything, you turn a corner to be surprised again. Fantastic.
Getting to Kawkaban is easy and cheap. First you will need a valid travel permit from the tourist police. Then go to the... more travel advice
K1W1's Related Pages
Kawkaban Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Kawkaban and northern Shibam"
- "Kawkaban, Shibam and Al Tawela"
- "Sanaa Day Trip"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Kawkaban
- Hotels in Kawkaban
- Transportation in Kawkaban
- Restaurants in Kawkaban
- Shopping in Kawkaban
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Kawkaban
- 2 Reviews
- 0 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (17)
Have you been to Kawkaban?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kawkaban
Top 10 Pages
- Antarctica Intro, 25 reviews, 26 photos
- Saint Petersburg Intro, 18 reviews, 25 photos
- Peru Intro, 15 reviews, 25 photos, 1 travelogue
- Galápagos Islands Intro, 15 reviews, 15 photos
- Brazil Intro, 13 reviews, 14 photos
- Ko Phi Phi Don Intro, 9 reviews, 17 photos
- Argentina Intro, 8 reviews, 17 photos, 1 travelogue
- Santa Cruz Intro, 9 reviews, 14 photos, 1 travelogue
- Bolivia Intro, 10 reviews, 11 photos
- Moscow Intro, 9 reviews, 10 photos