"Surreal World" Las Vegas by jessicadf
Las Vegas Travel Guide: 8,346 reviews and 17,012 photos
To me, this has always been such a bizarre city. I've been there three times now. Twice on business and once for pleasure. Actually, the first time was a stop-over on a road trip from San Francisco to Prescott, AZ. We got a great deal on a suite at the big pyramid hotel... the name escapes me right now. Oh yeah -- the Luxor.
Uh oh, Las Vegas enthusiasts are going to beat me for that.
My husband (still getting used to that word!!) and I went for a quick trip to Las Vegas in December 2004. Mark had never been to Vegas and was intrigued. He grew up in South Lake Tahoe, close to gambling, and has no interest in gambling. And neither do I. So this will mainly be an exercise in people watching, enjoying a Cirque de Soleil show (I hope) and just marveling in the surreality of it all.
All along The Strip are "people movers". Whether they're moving sidewalks or escalators, they're all over the place. I... more travel advice
I have NO idea why it's fun to do this, but it is... pump money in to some slot machines and enjoy the noises, spinning... more travel advice
jessicadf's Related Pages
Las Vegas Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Las Vegas - Always Updating!"
- "What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas!"
- "A tourists view of Las Vegas"
- "las vegas"
- "Vegas - City with a sleeping disorder"
- "Viva Las Vegas"
- "Las Vegas: An Escape From Reality"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Las Vegas
- Hotels in Las Vegas
- Transportation in Las Vegas
- Nightlife in Las Vegas
- Restaurants in Las Vegas
- Shopping in Las Vegas
- Warnings and Dangers in Las Vegas
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Las Vegas
- 10 Reviews
- 20 Photos
- 10 Forum posts
- 11 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (15)
Have you been to Las Vegas?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Las Vegas
Top 10 Pages
- San Francisco Intro, 63 reviews, 105 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Point Reyes Station Intro, 77 reviews, 85 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Rafael Intro, 61 reviews, 93 photos, 5 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 42 reviews, 69 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sausalito Intro, 44 reviews, 65 photos, 3 travelogues
- Boston Intro, 31 reviews, 68 photos, 5 travelogues
- Yosemite National Park Intro, 32 reviews, 43 photos, 1 travelogue
- Novato Intro, 23 reviews, 49 photos, 4 travelogues
- Mumbai Intro, 31 reviews, 32 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Saint Lucia Intro, 17 reviews, 42 photos, 3 travelogues
Latest Las Vegas hotel reviews
- Blair House Suites
- 103 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 19, 2013
- Fremont Hotel & Casino
- 305 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 21, 2013
- Travelodge Las Vegas South Strip
- 130 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 15, 2013
- El Cortez Hotel & Casino
- 547 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 18, 2013
- JW Marriott Las Vegas Resort, Spa & Golf
- 824 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 22, 2013
- Texas Station Gambling Hall
- 100 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 13, 2013
- La Quinta Inn And Suites Tropicana
- 30 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 9, 2013
- Budget Suites of America Paradise Road
- 1 Review & Opinion
Latest: Jan 29, 2012
- Fiesta Casino Hotel
- 37 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 7, 2013
- Motel 6 - Las Vegas (Tropicana)
- 198 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 20, 2013
- La Quinta Inn & Suites Las Vegas Airport North Convention Center
- 220 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 8, 2013
- Americas Best Value Inn-Las Vegas
- 152 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 11, 2013
- Emerald Suites Cameron
- 65 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 22, 2013
- Sahara Las Vegas Hotel and Casino
- 24 Reviews & Opinions
- Binions Gambling Hall And Hotel
- 147 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 25, 2013