"Home to some of my family" Golden Valley by jessicadf

Golden Valley Travel Guide: 9 reviews and 11 photos

I visited Golden Valley in late November to celebrate my grandmother's 89th birthday.

I considered getting together with Guantanamera, who lives not far from my uncle's house, but it was not meant to be. The first night, my cousin, Michael, and I were playing bartender to the family and had a bit too much of our own creations. Then, the next day, I came down with a virus that had me horizontal until it was time to leave for the airport the following afternoon. Well, fine then! I'll just be that way! Next time, Paul, I promise!!

Watch out, I'm connected!

Yippee for my cousin, Michael! He's won his first election -- he's now on the Golden Valley City Council. I've already extracted a promise of a cabinet level position in his administration when he's elected President. Check him out!

Karaoke, family style. How frightening. Every time I visit Golden Valley, Michael has gotten another game for the Playstation that has the family enraptured. This time it was some Karaoke game that comes with a headset mic. The family took turns at being booed off the stage. Niiiice.

• Last visit to Golden Valley: Nov 2003
  • Intro Updated Nov 24, 2003

• iandsmith's Profile Photo
    Sep 12, 2009 at 5:51 PM

Mmm, not quite the travel page I was expecting!

• acemj's Profile Photo
    Jul 9, 2005 at 8:14 PM

Mmmm. I like Taste of India. Know it well. But, c'mon . . . I'm from Minnesota, 24 degrees isn't cold!!

• ATXtraveler's Profile Photo
    Jun 17, 2005 at 5:25 PM

I wonder if the citizens of Golden Valley know about Michael's Cat Fancy?

• Cruefan's Profile Photo
    Apr 5, 2005 at 10:50 AM

Meow, Meow Meow , love the cats.

• guell's Profile Photo
    Feb 7, 2005 at 6:59 PM

If you had a choice of cabinet position, what would it be?

• globetrott's Profile Photo
    Feb 5, 2004 at 5:53 PM

a lovely page ! ...lets all hope, the winter is over soon...

• ayers_rock_where's Profile Photo
    Nov 24, 2003 at 5:44 PM

sounds like your brief illness was self inflicted lol own mixes what did you sing ? oh those drunken nites lol !!

• jessicadf's Profile Photo
    Nov 24, 2003 at 5:24 PM

Nah, it wasn't a hang-over... definitely a virus of some sort... Honestly, I don't remember what I sang. It's a song whose chorus I knew, but didn't know the rest of it. LOL

jessicadf

“Control is an illusion”

Badges & Stats in Golden Valley

Have you been to Golden Valley?

Latest Activity in Golden Valley