"Jessica goes to Harvard!" Boston by jessicadf

Boston Travel Guide: 3,844 reviews and 8,235 photos

Ha ha ha!! Yes, in my grandfather's dreams. How is it a man with 1 undergrad and 3 graduate degrees from Harvard should have no direct decendants to attend his alma mater? Darn my father for becoming a rock star instead of going to those ivy covered halls!

My first adult visit to Boston was a 26 hour whirlwind of a trip. Wahoo! United eFares struck and boy did we get a great deal on airfare. Flight left SFO Saturday night at 10:30pm and arrived in Boston Sunday at 7am. Our return left at 7am on Monday morning. Wahoo!!

The second trip was two months later, in January of 2004. We were in town for a little more time, arriving at 5:15p on Saturday, and leaving at 6:40a on Monday. By the second visit, however, scuba_girl had moved to Boston and kindly offered us her spare bedroom... and we gave enough warning that a VT gathering with scuba_girl, dracko and rowangbr were possible. What fun we had, regardless of the frigid weather!

A frigid arrival the second visit

My, oh my, oh my. SO happy I overpacked with cold weather clothing!

Frozen squirrels...

...unless this guy got de-iced, he wouldn't be doing any flying.

• Last visit to Boston: Jan 2004
  • Intro Updated Jan 28, 2005

• Jun 29, 2008 at 11:52 AM

Massachusetts has the largest Brazilian population in the U.S. Lowell, Framingham, Marlborough, Somerville, & East Boston all have large Brazilian communities. Work & immigrant-friendly programs all contribute to this fact.

• irishgalmtl's Profile Photo
    Oct 25, 2006 at 6:58 PM

Hello there Jessica, First of all congats to your new addition to your family. I love your pic of Boston It makes me wish i was there..lol thank you for all your great tips..Donna :o)

• Oct 15, 2006 at 7:36 PM

i love the bridge picture! nikos

• Barbie2138's Profile Photo
    Sep 22, 2005 at 6:59 PM

Yes BOS has lots of Starbucks but I never saw so many Dunkin' Donut shops in my life as I did in MA... Maybe that's why the drivers are so wired...ALL THAT SUGAR!!!!!

• ophiro's Profile Photo
    Aug 6, 2005 at 1:40 PM

Boston is a place i want to visit. thanks for the tips and pictures !

• garridogal's Profile Photo
    Jun 10, 2005 at 6:07 AM

The original Pho in Chinatown is still open and has expanded in size. And it's the best of all of them. So if you come back to Boston, don't worry you can still get great Pho!

• cheesecake17's Profile Photo
    May 1, 2005 at 9:46 PM

thanks for your comment on my yaizu hp,,,your boston page is great , my best friend lives there...ursula

• Cruefan's Profile Photo
    Mar 29, 2005 at 7:47 AM

Growing up in New England has been a chilling experience. I've been frozen to trees with pee many times.

• rwlittle's Profile Photo
    Mar 15, 2005 at 6:14 PM

Well, we *think* that's it for snow here this year, finally...can't take much more of it!

• easyoar's Profile Photo
    Mar 12, 2005 at 5:39 PM

So how long was that poor little squirrel stuck to the tree after posing for you! Got to agree with that driving tip. Boston is the worst place I have ever driven in, there are some absolute nutters on the road... Nice page!

jessicadf