Sausalito Warnings Or Dangers Tips by jessicadf Top 5 Page for this destination
Sausalito Warnings and Dangers: 5 reviews and 7 photos
Bright green poison oak
When going for a walk along a trail, keep an eye out for a plant called Poison Oak. It's a shrub that can be small or large, whose leaves look much like oak tree leaves. The leaves can be various shades of green or bright red, depending on the age of the leaf. Brush your skin against these leaves, or even their stems, and the plant's oil will stick to your skin (or clothes, or your pet's fur). If you happen to be allergic to this plant's oil, you are in for a very itchy, irritating rash, for at least two weeks.
You can get Calimine lotion from a drugstore to apply. It does not cure the rash, or make the rash go away. However, it will provide a little bit of temporary relief.
Heavy seal overboard
Okay, most of the time, storms aren't all that bad on the shores of the San Francisco Bay. However on January 1 2004, we had a heck of a storm blow through, with wind gusts of 75 miles per hour on Angel Island (middle of our bay).
It was so strong that the iconic seal statue off the shore of Sausalito was knocked off its pedestal. How sad!!
More Reviews (42)
- Sausalito Seal is Back on it's Rock
- See All Fishing along a pier
- See All Rent a bicycle
- See All Tasty Italian food with great people...
- See All Another beautiful apartment
jessicadf's Related Pages
Sausalito Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Sausalito - a village by the bay"
- "A Bay Cruise to Sausolito"
- "Sausalito a nice little City across the S F Bay."
- "A quaint town across the bay from San Francisco"
- "Are these Sausalito Sally's?"
- "Cycling from SF to Sausalito"
- "A quick tour of Sausalito"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Sausalito
- Hotels in Sausalito
- Transportation in Sausalito
- Nightlife in Sausalito
- Restaurants in Sausalito
- Shopping in Sausalito
- Warnings and Dangers in Sausalito
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Sausalito
- 44 Reviews
- 65 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 69 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (31)
Have you been to Sausalito?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Sausalito
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: Best rental car company for..."
- Wrote a Review Sausalito Seal is Back on it's Rock in Sausalito Favorites
- Uploaded a Photo to "Sausalito Seal is Back on it's Rock"
- Commented on one of jessicadf's Sausalito travel pages
- updated a Sausalito Travel Page "Sausalito - a village by the bay"
Photos in SausalitoSee All Photos (65)
Top 10 Pages
- San Francisco Intro, 63 reviews, 105 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Point Reyes Station Intro, 77 reviews, 85 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Rafael Intro, 61 reviews, 93 photos, 5 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 42 reviews, 69 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sausalito Intro, 44 reviews, 65 photos, 3 travelogues
- Boston Intro, 31 reviews, 68 photos, 5 travelogues
- Yosemite National Park Intro, 32 reviews, 43 photos, 1 travelogue
- Novato Intro, 23 reviews, 49 photos, 4 travelogues
- Mumbai Intro, 31 reviews, 32 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Saint Lucia Intro, 17 reviews, 42 photos, 3 travelogues