San Rafael Nightlife Tips by jessicadf Top 5 Page for this destination
San Rafael Nightlife: 3 reviews and 3 photos
Quicksilver Gold on April 5, 2003
In San Rafael proper, there are a couple places for live music, but neither of them are very savory to me.
New Georges, and it's been there since I was a teenager. Sometimes they have good bands play, but the atmosphere has always felt a little grimy...
4th Street Tavern in San Rafael too. They have live music, but again, the atmosphere is less than desirable. :(
The good news is that there ARE other good places for live music, which are only 15 minutes away from San Rafael!
In Fairfax: 19 Broadway. It used to be a bit funky, but they've recently expanded, and it's gotten a lot nicer.
In Mill Valley: <a href='http://www.sweetwatersaloon.com'>The Sweeetwater Saloon</a>. This is one of my favorite places. It's a small bar, with a small stage up front, but they get *big* acts in there from time to time. There are a lot of musicians (and other kinds of stars) that live in Marin County, and many will just 'sit in' to jam with other musicians here.
In Nicasio (same tiny town as the schoolhouse pictured above): <a href='http://www.ranchonicasio.com'>Rancho Nicasio</a>. This is a little, unassuming building, with very good food, a bar, and a stage. They have bands playing in the main dining room 4 or 5 nights per week, and sometimes they're REALLY incredible bands. On those nights, you buy a ticket to see the show, and then order dinner while the band is playing. Very cool. Plus, the drive there is lovely.
Dress Code: You can be as casual or as dressed up as you'd like to be at any of these establishments! We're pretty relaxed around here, when it comes to nightlife.
More Reviews (60)
- See All Chocolate coffee pie
- See All Groceries - organic and otherwise
- See All A rare treat: Indonesian food
- See All Hula is GREAT exercise!
- You pretty much need a vehicle
jessicadf's Related Pages
San Rafael Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "San Rafael CA"
- "Once upon a time this was home sweet home"
- "San Rafael - Hub of Marin"
- "A week in San Rafael"
- "A little HAWAIIAN in San Rafael"
- "A Little Bit of Hawaii - VT Luau, July 26, 2003"
- "Loony Lu'au and a Weekend to beat all."
- See All...
- Things to Do in San Rafael
- Hotels in San Rafael
- Transportation in San Rafael
- Nightlife in San Rafael
- Restaurants in San Rafael
- Shopping in San Rafael
- Warnings and Dangers in San Rafael
- See All...
Badges & Stats in San Rafael
- 61 Reviews
- 94 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 133 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (15)
Have you been to San Rafael?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in San Rafael
- Uploaded a Photo to "U'uku Lu'au - The Looney Luau!"
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: Best rental car company for..."
- Wrote a Review Chocolate coffee pie about Food / Drink in San Rafael Warnings and Dangers
- Commented on one of karenincalifornia's San Rafael travel pages
- updated a San Rafael Travel Page "Once upon a time this was home sweet home"
Photos in San RafaelSee All Photos (94)
Top 10 Pages
- San Francisco Intro, 63 reviews, 105 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Point Reyes Station Intro, 77 reviews, 85 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Rafael Intro, 61 reviews, 93 photos, 5 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 42 reviews, 69 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sausalito Intro, 44 reviews, 65 photos, 3 travelogues
- Boston Intro, 31 reviews, 68 photos, 5 travelogues
- Yosemite National Park Intro, 32 reviews, 43 photos, 1 travelogue
- Novato Intro, 23 reviews, 49 photos, 4 travelogues
- Mumbai Intro, 31 reviews, 32 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Saint Lucia Intro, 17 reviews, 42 photos, 3 travelogues
- San Rafael Mission- 3 Reviews, 6 Photos
- China Camp Park- 4 Reviews, 3 Photos
- Looney Lu'au- 7 Reviews, 7 Photos
- Marin County Center- 3 Reviews, 2 Photos
- Farmer's Market- 3 Reviews, 2 Photos
- San Quentin State Prison- 1 Reviews, 3 Photos
- Marin County Fair- 1 Reviews, 5 Photos
- Muir Beach- 1 Reviews, 3 Photos
- Rafael Theatre- 1 Reviews, 1 Photos
- Muir Woods- 1 Reviews, 1 Photos
See All San Rafael Things to Do