"Point Reyes National Seashore" Top 5 Page for this destination Point Reyes Station by jessicadf

Point Reyes Station Travel Guide: 124 reviews and 308 photos

Point Reyes is a national park in West Marin, and it's one of my favorite places on this beautiful planet. I frequently drive out to Lementour beach, with the top down on my car and some good music in the CD player, to just relax, center myself and remember why I'm happy to be alive...

*ALERT* *ALERT* *ALERT*

VT has infiltrated Point Reyes! On May 25-26, Yubert and I had a mini VT meeting along the Laguna and Coast Trails, making camp at Coast Camp. I've still got the sunburn to prove it (and lots of pictures, of course). Had a wonderful time, Yubert. Thanks for coming up!

Wildlife along the coast abounds. The trick is simply catching it!

• Pros:Serene beauty, wildlife, trails
  • Cons:Nothing
  • Last visit to Point Reyes Station: Jan 2004
  • Intro Updated Feb 9, 2004

• Tom_Fields's Profile Photo
    Jan 29, 2007 at 11:21 AM

Thanks for helping identify that species. I saw one, too, but didn't know the proper name for it.

• johncudw's Profile Photo
    Nov 14, 2006 at 8:48 PM

Nice shots of coast of Northern California. Never went there (Marin) Nice wildlife shots but went down from SF Airport to Santa Cruz, when out there.

• Mar 17, 2005 at 7:14 PM

That sounds like fun. Hey, you know I'm such a GEEK!

• ATXtraveler's Profile Photo
    Feb 27, 2005 at 9:33 PM

Beautiful Nature Shots... I really enjoyed the look at the undeveloped portion of California.

• ferdnbean's Profile Photo
    Feb 15, 2005 at 8:28 AM

I am making you my honorary "Heroine of VT". This page is spectacular . The photos, tips, and commentary from a person who obviously knows how important it is to stop and look at and smell the flowers! I am in your debt! Thanks, Wayne

• davequ's Profile Photo
    Feb 3, 2005 at 4:19 PM

Wow. Outstanding (and I needed to get out). This was a great walk. Thanks for sharing.

• frank_delargy's Profile Photo
    Nov 20, 2004 at 9:08 AM

Jessica, Wonderful details of the Pt Reyes hike. It is a magical area. Thanks for the info on the blue jellyfish.. saw some of those in Florida too. Congrats on the wedding! Frank

• Sandi-2004's Profile Photo
    Sep 18, 2004 at 11:41 PM

"Dew on the Foliage" photo is a beauty!!

• JLBG's Profile Photo
    Sep 10, 2004 at 6:55 PM

I have been only once to Point Reyes and was lucky enough to get a bright sunny day. The view from the light house is breathtaking!

• marcoparco's Profile Photo
    Jun 21, 2004 at 1:18 PM

The hiking looks fun! Nice page! Cheers

jessicadf

“Control is an illusion”

Badges & Stats in Point Reyes Station

Have you been to Point Reyes Station?