"Once was my home and now it's home again" Novato by jessicadf

Novato Travel Guide: 33 reviews and 85 photos

Home sweet home

Hi all and welcome to my childhood hometown! After 16 years since my inital departure, I've moved back to Novato. And boy is my father happy! "Hello neighbor," he exclaimed upon news that my offer had been accepted on a home.

I just moved in to the house on June 4, so I'm mostly busy unpacking boxes, putting together furniture and trying not to kill my pretty gardens. However, look for more content as I re-explore this town.

For the month prior to moving to this house, I lived in Sausalito... oh, picturesque Sausalito

My new home is within walking distance to numerous breakfast, lunch and dinner spots, as well as several bars, my gym, etc. Many tips coming!

Enjoy!

Dad's pond

My pond

Well we had a pond when we bought the house... but we went on vacation, it leaked and we returned home to a very shallow puddle with no fish. D'oh! Now we have a new pond, made with a heavy-duty plastic tub... no fish yet, but after the water has conditioned a couple months, we'll add some fish.

• Last visit to Novato: Nov 2008
  • Intro Updated Nov 18, 2008

• Martin_S.'s Profile Photo
    Jan 12, 2010 at 4:19 AM

WHO SAID that Novato is off the tourist track, WE made it there didn't we !!!! ^O^ Martin

• BruceDunning's Profile Photo
    Aug 16, 2009 at 2:44 PM

What a nice family oriented area and am sure you feel the same. Great job of presenting this town

• MATIM's Profile Photo
    Jun 28, 2009 at 4:05 AM

You live in a very nice town. Hope to meet you in SF, Ilse

• hunterV's Profile Photo
    Feb 1, 2008 at 10:42 AM

Hi, Jessica! Your place looks very attractive and full of splendor!

• kymbanm's Profile Photo
    Dec 1, 2006 at 9:30 PM

30 minutes? Hmmmmmmm....... Glad your colorful lad is in full color and full voice :)

• balfor's Profile Photo
    Oct 9, 2006 at 10:06 AM

Congratulations on the latest addition to the family!!!

• zanzooni's Profile Photo
    Oct 3, 2006 at 9:51 PM

I love the create of this page as you have captured "the moment in one swift move" as well as communicated to all what you were thinking at that point in time.~

• 2RIST's Profile Photo
    Sep 8, 2006 at 2:15 AM

lovely flowers! spreading hapiness and joy... :-)

• ChristinaNest's Profile Photo