Guerneville Sports & Outdoors Tips by jessicadf Top 5 Page for this destination
Guerneville Sports & Outdoors: 4 reviews and 4 photos
You can rent a canoe at Burkes Canoes in Forestville and paddle your way down the Russian River four miles down to Guerneville. Canoes hold two to three people and cost $50 per canoe. Kind of expensive, but it's a really fun way to spend the day.
They say you can make the entire trip in 3 1/2 to 4 1/2 hours. I think, however, that's if you don't stop and you paddle hard the whole time. Most people make it a leisurely day, stopping at beaches to picnic, swim, etc.
People along the riverbanks tend to be friendly, and your fellow canoers are always friendly too. Truly great.
When you get out of the river in Guerneville, Burkes Canoes take your canoes, paddles and life jackets and you get on their bus, which takes you back to the top of the river, where you left your car. A great day!
Equipment: Burkes Canoes provides canoes, paddles and life jackets in the rental fee. You'll want to bring with you: bathing suit, towel, lunch in a cooler, a bunjee cord to strap your belongings in to the canoe (in case the canoe tips), sunglasses, sunscreen lotion, a hat... whatever you think you'd wear if you were spending a day in the sun, on the water.
Address: 8600 River Road, Forestville, CA 95436
Paddle boat rentals on Johnson's Beach
You can rent paddle boats or canoes at Johnson's Beach. There are other canoe rental places farther up the river as well. You'll notice their signs as you drive down River Road, towards Guerneville. For Johnson's Beach, just park, go to the beach and you won't be able to miss the rental stand.
Directions: Off of River Road or on Johnson's Beach
Who says exercise isn't fun?!
Kayaking and canoeing! I mean, you've been reading the tips on Guerneville, haven't you? :-)
Equipment: A kayak, canoe, whatever. A small cooler is always good, too, filled with whatever you want to eat or drink. A bathingsuit is a good idea too, of course. Sunscreen!!
More Reviews (13)
- Get your fishing license here
- Sunscreen and bathing suit
- See All Fishing
- Flooding in the winter
jessicadf's Related Pages
Guerneville Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A Northern California River Retreat"
- "Tall Wonders--The Armstrong Redwoods State Reserve"
- "On the Banks of the Russian River"
- "The Heart of Russian River"
- "Russian River Hijinks"
- "Giant Redwood Trees at Guerneville California"
- "Russian River intoxication"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Guerneville
- Hotels in Guerneville
- Transportation in Guerneville
- Nightlife in Guerneville
- Restaurants in Guerneville
- Shopping in Guerneville
- Warnings and Dangers in Guerneville
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Guerneville
- 16 Reviews
- 33 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 21 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (15)
Have you been to Guerneville?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Guerneville
Top 10 Pages
- San Francisco Intro, 63 reviews, 105 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Point Reyes Station Intro, 77 reviews, 85 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Rafael Intro, 61 reviews, 93 photos, 5 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 42 reviews, 69 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sausalito Intro, 44 reviews, 65 photos, 3 travelogues
- Boston Intro, 31 reviews, 68 photos, 5 travelogues
- Yosemite National Park Intro, 32 reviews, 43 photos, 1 travelogue
- Novato Intro, 23 reviews, 49 photos, 4 travelogues
- Mumbai Intro, 31 reviews, 32 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Saint Lucia Intro, 17 reviews, 42 photos, 3 travelogues