Bressanone Restaurant Tips by jessicadf Top 5 Page for this destination
Bressanone Restaurants: 3 reviews and 3 photos
Our friends took us here for a dinner of typical local food... and it was a good choice! An antipasti plate of local cured meats and cheese (the speck in this area is the best I've had anywhere), wine (white) soup, and a plate of assorted starches: Knudel, spinach filled ravioli and herbed noodles in a cream sauce. Yum! Very filling and very tasty! This would be a great place for a warming, filling Winter meal.
Favorite Dish: The wine soup was really delicious though the knudel was very good as well. The noodles were a bit dry.
Address: Weinbergstrasse 68 Via dei Vigneti, I-39042 Brixen
Comparison: about average
Directions: On the side of a mountain, looking West.
Other Contact: Fax: 0472208294
The menu for the guys
The food, beer, wine and service were absolutely terrific. Our friend owns the restaurant (Andreas Fink) and made sure we had a delicious and lively evening. He'd put a silly reserved sign on our table, and special notes in the menus for the men. When all was said and done, we had no idea of the price of the meal, as he would not show it to us, nor let us pay. Very generous and very sweet!
Served at our table that night were salads, knudel, melon with speck, creme caramel, goulash, beer, red wine from the region (GREAT) and some really delicious hazelnut liqueur.
Favorite Dish: The canteloupe slices completely wrapped in speck (aka proscuitto) was absolutely perfect and satisfying. Exactly what my body wanted and totally delicious. Yum! Though the hazelnut liquer was also realllly delicious and a perfect dessert.
Address: V. DELLA MOSTRA, MUSTERGASSE, 9, BOLZANO
Directions: In the pedestrian area of Bolzano, not far from the central square.
Phone: +39 (0471) 975047
Friends enjoying a beautiful day
For a group of 5 we had 3 pizza, one grilled vegetables with grilled brie plate, one order of insalata caprese and one order of the salad bar. 3 beers and 2 radlers. All of it was excellent and delicious, served on the deck, under the sun umbrella on a warm day. Very nice.
Favorite Dish: Mark's olive, ham, mushroom and artichoke pizza was pretty darned delicious! My insalata caprese could have used more balsamic vinegar and basil, but there was a bottle of balsamic vinegar on the table, as well as salt and pepper, so I could mostly season it up to taste.
Address: 25 minutes up the valley (East) from Brixen
Comparison: about average
Directions: I can't find the address -- sorry!!
More Reviews (1)
jessicadf's Related Pages
Bressanone Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Bressanone:A nice,old town in a beautiful area"
- "Bressanone / Brixen - ancient alpine beauty"
- "Brixen (Bressanone), Tirol's former Bishop's seat"
- "Beautiful Sud Tirol -- Our new favorite place"
- "Beautiful mountains..."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Bressanone
- Hotels in Bressanone
- Transportation in Bressanone
- Restaurants in Bressanone
- Shopping in Bressanone
- Warnings and Dangers in Bressanone
- See All...
Explore the World
- Southampton Parish Hotels
- Cayo Caracoles Hotels
- Acoma Pueblo
- Tweed Heads
- Piggs Peak Hotels
- As Sulaymaniyah
- Arcadia Beach State Recreation Site Hotels
Badges & Stats in Bressanone
- 4 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (15)
Have you been to Bressanone?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bressanone
Photos in BressanoneSee All Photos (5)
Top 10 Pages
- San Francisco Intro, 63 reviews, 105 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Point Reyes Station Intro, 77 reviews, 85 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Rafael Intro, 61 reviews, 93 photos, 5 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 42 reviews, 69 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sausalito Intro, 44 reviews, 65 photos, 3 travelogues
- Boston Intro, 31 reviews, 68 photos, 5 travelogues
- Yosemite National Park Intro, 32 reviews, 43 photos, 1 travelogue
- Novato Intro, 23 reviews, 49 photos, 4 travelogues
- Mumbai Intro, 31 reviews, 32 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Saint Lucia Intro, 17 reviews, 42 photos, 3 travelogues