"don't be fooled" Taylors Falls by mafootje
Taylors Falls Travel Guide: 1 reviews and 18 photos
In earlier vacations we have been driving to places which had "falls" in their names.
None of those we have visited had real falls, but we decided to try it again this spring.
And it looked promissing when we parked near this spot..
But later we learned that there are no real falls here anymore.
In the time of the loggers (no not webloggers) there where falls. That was in 1886 about 200 men worked here in the logging business and where trying to clear a log jam. It took them six weeks to clear this jam... But when years went by the Nevers dam was built which was the end for logging (and falls) in 1912.
Picture taken June 12, 2004 at 14:46
- Pros:Lots of great views
mafootje's Related Pages
Taylors Falls Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Taylors Falls
- 1 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (12)
Have you been to Taylors Falls?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Taylors Falls
Top 10 Pages
- Rotterdam Intro, 34 reviews, 62 photos, 5 travelogues
- Miami Intro, 15 reviews, 63 photos, 4 travelogues
- Vlaardingen Intro, 30 reviews, 40 photos, 1 travelogue
- Orlando Intro, 21 reviews, 40 photos
- Las Vegas Intro, 22 reviews, 33 photos, 1 travelogue
- Key West Intro, 14 reviews, 37 photos, 3 travelogues
- Miami Beach Intro, 11 reviews, 30 photos, 2 travelogues
- Homestead Intro, 6 reviews, 33 photos, 3 travelogues
- Page Intro, 7 reviews, 31 photos, 3 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 12 reviews, 19 photos, 1 travelogue