"This was the shortest hotel visit ever for us..." Minnetonka by mafootje
Minnetonka Travel Guide: 3 reviews and 16 photos
Well at the picture you see a view from a hotel which for us became the shortest visit to a hotel ever. I will explain this in one of the tips about the hotel.
The name Minnetonka brought up memories for me from a brand which made miniature cars. These cars where larger then the usual i had. But they where also very strong.
When i looked up the name of the town it all got clear, it seems that Tonka (the brand i was talking about) means big or great. Minne means water in Sioux language.
If you want to know how much islands there are in Lake Minnetonka it just depends how you define islands. But there are something between 23 or 38 islands.
Picture taken June 11th, 2004 at 15:14
mafootje's Related Pages
Minnetonka Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Parrot Heads in Paradise--Lakes & Prairie"
- "This was the shortest hotel visit ever for us..."
- "LIfe on the Lakes"
- "Lake Minnetonka"
- "Watonka Minnetonka!"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Minnetonka
- 1 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (12)
Have you been to Minnetonka?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Minnetonka
Top 10 Pages
- Rotterdam Intro, 34 reviews, 62 photos, 5 travelogues
- Miami Intro, 15 reviews, 63 photos, 4 travelogues
- Vlaardingen Intro, 30 reviews, 40 photos, 1 travelogue
- Orlando Intro, 21 reviews, 40 photos
- Las Vegas Intro, 22 reviews, 33 photos, 1 travelogue
- Key West Intro, 14 reviews, 37 photos, 3 travelogues
- Miami Beach Intro, 11 reviews, 30 photos, 2 travelogues
- Homestead Intro, 6 reviews, 33 photos, 3 travelogues
- Page Intro, 7 reviews, 31 photos, 3 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 12 reviews, 19 photos, 1 travelogue
Latest Minnetonka hotel reviews
- Marriott Minneapolis Southwest
- 108 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 1, 2013