"Sulphur / Lake Charles" Sulphur by mafootje
Sulphur Travel Guide: 5 reviews and 6 photos
Sulphur was our second destination during our vacation in the early summer of 2003.
We got here after driving from Kenner (New Orleans area) the trip from Kenner was about 315 Km / 196 Miles.
The water tower on the picture displays the name of the Sulphur Tors which is the names under which the athletic teams of Sulphur High plays.
Sulphur got it''s name form the chemics and mining industry which helped Sulphur to be established in the late 1800,s.
When we asked the desk clerk at our hotel for some things to do he refered us to the Creole Nature Trail All-American Road.
We decided to follow up on this tip and took the trail, and the trip was really worth taking. It took our total mileage for our second day of our vacation to 420 miles. It took us through the nature of Louisiana, went through the Wetlands, drove to the Mexican Gulf and back again through the Wetlands.
Picture taken sunday june 1, 2003 13:04
- Pros:More then meets the eye when driving on the interstate
Take a cooler and drinks with you, you get thirsty fast when walking around the Wetlands. Wear light clothes and... more travel advice
mafootje's Related Pages
Sulphur Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Sulphur
- 3 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (51)
Have you been to Sulphur?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Sulphur
Photos in SulphurSee All Photos (5)
Top 10 Pages
- Rotterdam Intro, 34 reviews, 62 photos, 5 travelogues
- Miami Intro, 15 reviews, 63 photos, 4 travelogues
- Vlaardingen Intro, 30 reviews, 40 photos, 1 travelogue
- Orlando Intro, 21 reviews, 40 photos
- Las Vegas Intro, 22 reviews, 33 photos, 1 travelogue
- Key West Intro, 14 reviews, 37 photos, 3 travelogues
- Miami Beach Intro, 11 reviews, 30 photos, 2 travelogues
- Homestead Intro, 6 reviews, 33 photos, 3 travelogues
- Page Intro, 7 reviews, 31 photos, 3 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 12 reviews, 19 photos, 1 travelogue