"Part of the Creole Nature Trail All-American Road." Sabine National Wildlife Refuge by mafootje
Sabine National Wildlife Refuge Travel Guide: 9 reviews and 12 photos
On june first 2003, we went through this park, at one point there was a parking place from which you could walk through the park.
So if you end up just like us in Sulphur you could just drive over here take a walk and go back to your hotel if you don't want to take the complete route.
Picture take June 1, 2003 13:59
There are no fences here, no park guards (that we noticed) just some people who are walking the Wetland Walkway. This walkway goes for 1,5 mile through the wetlands bringing you upclose to the wildlife. There are many points you can sit next to the water or watch over the wetlands from the Observation tower.
The birds you can find here are ducks like the blue winged teal, gadwell peak and the American widgeon. But also geese and Pelicans are to be found here.
In total there have been 250 bird species sighted here.
Picture take June 1, 2003 13:45
- Pros:Very scenic views
- Cons:Lot's of bugs
- In a nutshell:Certainly worth a visit when staying in the Lake Charles Area
When you have been traveling for a few 100 miles this place is really great to chill out. When we where there the... more travel advice
mafootje's Related Pages
Sabine National Wildlife Refuge Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Everglades of Louisiana"
- "Part of the Creole Nature Trail All-American Road."
- See All...
Explore the World
- Mourne Mountains Hotels
- Mülheim an der Ruhr
- Roodepoort Hotels
- Molocaboc Island Hotels
- San Carlos de Bariloche
- Bandar Jissah
- North Haledon Hotels
- Port Royal Plantation Hotels
- Uluru National Park (Ayers Rock)
- Kronach Hotels
Badges & Stats in Sabine National Wildlife Refuge
- 2 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (12)
Have you been to Sabine National Wildlife Refuge?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Sabine National Wildlife Refuge
- Posted in Travel Anaheim Forum "Re: Disneyland ..."
- updated a Sabine National Wildlife Refuge Travel Page "Part of the Creole Nature Trail All-American Road."
- Uploaded a Photo to "Part of the Creole Nature Trail All-American Road."
- Wrote a Review Enjoy the silence of nature in Sabine National Wildlife Refuge Things to Do
Photos in Sabine National Wildlife RefugeSee All Photos (4)
Top 10 Pages
- Rotterdam Intro, 34 reviews, 62 photos, 5 travelogues
- Miami Intro, 15 reviews, 63 photos, 4 travelogues
- Vlaardingen Intro, 30 reviews, 40 photos, 1 travelogue
- Orlando Intro, 21 reviews, 40 photos
- Las Vegas Intro, 22 reviews, 33 photos, 1 travelogue
- Key West Intro, 14 reviews, 37 photos, 3 travelogues
- Miami Beach Intro, 11 reviews, 30 photos, 2 travelogues
- Homestead Intro, 6 reviews, 33 photos, 3 travelogues
- Page Intro, 7 reviews, 31 photos, 3 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 12 reviews, 19 photos, 1 travelogue