"Hoek van Holland" Top 5 Page for this destination Hoek van Holland by mafootje
Hoek van Holland Travel Guide: 58 reviews and 280 photos
Here in Hoek van Holland they also have a large storm surge barrier which can close of the main gateway to the Rotterdam Harbours. Offcourse they use it only in emergency situations to protect the inhabitants of the Netherlands.
More about this can be read in my off the beaten path tips.
Picture take April 8, 2007
Hoek van Holland is a place that is officially part of Rotterdam. The strange thing is that in between Rotterdam and Hoek van Holland you have Schiedam, Vlaardingen, Maassluis, Maasdijk and 's Gravenzande...don't know what Rotterdam has to do with it but i guess Rotterdam wanted to have a beach...
This summer of 2003 is on of the better ones we had in the Netherlands we are now (august 6, 2003) in the middle of a heat wave week. Temperatures during the day are around 30 to 35 degrees celcius. We went to the beach today to have a drink at a beach house and walk a little... When we went back by train we sweated like crazy inside the big yellow dutch railway train without any form of airco..
Picture take August 6, 2003 14:54
- Pros:Great for a walk
- Cons:Very Crowded when there's sunshine
- In a nutshell:Nice beach, sometimes crowded and no clear water
It's an interesting trip on which you can see how the Netherlands protect their land against high water. The Storm Surge... more travel advice
While we were driving away we noticed a hot air ballon. We stopped to watch it and noticed they were trying to land. But... more travel advice
mafootje's Related Pages
Hoek van Holland Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Holland's Corner"
- "Hoek van Holland in 1995"
- "Hoek van Holland"
- "Where Holland ends ...."
- "Tijger's new Hoek van Holland Page"
- "Hoek van Holland - Rotterdam aan Zee"
- "Finally Escaped The Ferry Port!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Hoek van Holland
- Transportation in Hoek van Holland
- Nightlife in Hoek van Holland
- Restaurants in Hoek van Holland
- Shopping in Hoek van Holland
- Warnings and Dangers in Hoek van Holland
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Hoek van Holland
- 5 Reviews
- 12 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (12)
Have you been to Hoek van Holland?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Hoek van Holland
Photos in Hoek van HollandSee All Photos (12)
Top 10 Pages
- Rotterdam Intro, 34 reviews, 62 photos, 5 travelogues
- Miami Intro, 15 reviews, 63 photos, 4 travelogues
- Vlaardingen Intro, 30 reviews, 40 photos, 1 travelogue
- Orlando Intro, 21 reviews, 40 photos
- Las Vegas Intro, 22 reviews, 33 photos, 1 travelogue
- Key West Intro, 14 reviews, 37 photos, 3 travelogues
- Miami Beach Intro, 11 reviews, 30 photos, 2 travelogues
- Homestead Intro, 6 reviews, 33 photos, 3 travelogues
- Page Intro, 7 reviews, 31 photos, 3 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 12 reviews, 19 photos, 1 travelogue