"My birth and living place" Vlaardingen by mafootje

Vlaardingen Travel Guide: 37 reviews and 93 photos

It time to refresh...

It has been a while since i have updated and expanded my VT pages but i am beginning to get back in swing. Maybe because my vacation is getting closer or i am just bored with other things i really don't know.

Vlaardingen is still under heavy construction new buildings are rising everywhere and parts of my history are or have been taken over by demolition crews.

In the harbour they have been trying to get some color by painting the bridge partly in the colours of the rainbow. Above that some artificial flames as you can see on the picture. The big church looks at it all and has escaped any change that are going on here.

Picture taken November 5th, 2006

Winter ??? it must have lost the way.

No winter this year, there has been snow for one and a half days in total. No ice skating has been possible and everybody talks about the climate change. Here in Vlaardingen it's the best place to live for people who are afraid of the dark. We have been named most lighted city, don't know if it's anything to be proud of but so be it.

We do have a lot of industry just across the nieuwe Waterweg maybe the glow of those lights helped i really don't know.

Picture taken November, 2006

Nature

Vlaardingen has lot's of places where you can walk, bike, swim or sunbath.

You can do so at the Lickebaert next to the "Nieuwe Waterweg" , or go to the "Krabbeplas".

Picture taken July 2st, 2004

• Pros:Close to Rotterdam, but also has some nice things for itself.
  • Cons:I live here
  • Last visit to Vlaardingen: Apr 2007
  • Intro Updated Apr 10, 2007

• Britannia2's Profile Photo
    May 12, 2007 at 1:00 PM

A very missed town by many people - we have stayed with friends here and like it very much. Nice page.

• bobt54's Profile Photo
    Jun 21, 2005 at 6:02 AM

I had lunch here too. I had the mussles. Yummy!

• shelnlin's Profile Photo
    Aug 14, 2004 at 2:00 PM

So much to read on here, I will make the effort to come back and read more soon. Best wishes to you both. Lovely photos!

• rexvaughan's Profile Photo
    Aug 12, 2004 at 11:24 AM

Very nice pages on your hometown. I also visited your Oklahoma pages as that is where I grew up. It is good to see someone appreciate it as it is frequently overlooked.

• Daja123's Profile Photo
    Aug 11, 2004 at 4:26 AM

Beautiful and very interesting your hometown. Your pictures and descriptions are wonderful. Thanks Michael & Niki for the wonderful comment on my Croatia pages. Regards from Ljubljana.

• travelgourmet's Profile Photo
    Aug 1, 2004 at 1:18 AM

Aloha. Beautiful pic of the Queen Mary ll. I visit the ol' Queen Mary in Long Beach, California about 4 times a year, to have breakfast aboard. Oh, the restrooms at 10,000 ft. altitude on Haleakala are clean and outfitted for use. Thanks for looking in.

• Narviking's Profile Photo
    Dec 20, 2003 at 1:50 PM

Nice and interesting page about your hometown. A pity I didnt visit when I was in Netherlands last september. Greetings from Norway !

• Nov 7, 2003 at 6:43 PM

Beautiful hometown! Your pics and tips are outstanding!

• Nathalie_B's Profile Photo
    Oct 19, 2003 at 1:47 PM

Such wonderful collage-pictures. Great tips and really beautiful and unique design of the page. And I was wondering if Dutch people celebrate Halloween ;-) Hope they gonna have something here in Breda too.

• Oct 12, 2003 at 3:36 AM

I'm always fascinated by everyone else's hometown, thanks for sharing!

mafootje Lives Here!

mafootje

“What to do when vacation is behind you ? Look for a new one.”

Badges & Stats in Vlaardingen

Have you been to Vlaardingen?

Latest Activity in Vlaardingen