"Benvindos (Welcome)" hmoitta's Profile
My name is Heloisa, I was born and live in Rio now.
I love to travel abroad or in Brasil and have always a ready itinerary for the places I want to go even if I cannot afford them for the moment.
I prefer buses,trains, cars or boats instead of flying to get around; I think you see more in that way than taking planes and is cheaper most of the times.
I love to get regular transports, to make what local people do ( that's the meaning of my moto, if you are in Rome do what romans do ) and mingle with locals, but I go to tourist places too.
I like to go to places people usually go on weekends ( parks for example ) and eat things I see people eating in the street or in restaurants.
I also like hiking and nature, so I try to put some hiking and nature in my trips.
In Brasil I like to join organized ecotourism tours in holidays, they provide everything you need and people you meet are in general very nice.
Last trips :
december 2009/january 2010 - 3 weeks in Portugal
february 2009 - about one week in Ushuaia
july 2008 - 3 weeks in Europe, 1 week in Slovenia, one week in a Royal Caribbean cruise from Venice, Greece, Turkey, Croatia and 1 week in Venice
january 2008 we spent a week in Mexico city, we loved it
december 2007 we've done a 3 days cruise from Rio with my workmates
This Carnaval(2007) I'm in a quiet mood, so we'd spent some days in Itaipava ( Pousada Arco Verde )
to hike and relax
3 weeks in South of France july 2007:
14 th july in Carcassonne, Languedoc Roussillon, Midi Pirennees and Dordogne
(january 2007) 10 days in Provincia de Mendoza (Argentina)
Buenos Aires, San Rafael, Mendoza and Buenos Aires
2 weeks South America cruise ( january 2006) :
Buenos Aires, Montevideo, Puerto Madryn, Falklands or Malvinas islands, Ushuaia, Punta Arenas, Puerto Chacabuco, Puerto Montt and Valparaiso
Spain ( 16 days in january 2005 )
Cordoba, Granada, Ronda, Sevilla and Madrid
Argentina ( 9 days in july 2004 )
Patagonia (Bariloche) and Buenos Aires
Argentina( 2 weeks in january 2004) Buenos Aires and Patagonia (Puerto Madryn and Los Antiguos )
In Brasil I go often to Arraial do Cabo in weekends, my family has a beach house there.
Torres del Paine ( Chile), Brasil South mountains, jungle hotel in Amazonia ?
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 141 Reviews
- 286 Photos
- 12 Countries
- 31 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (12)
- Posted in Travel Rio de Janeiro Forum "Re: Rio de Janeiro during the..."
- hmoitta and crowepie are now friends.
- Commented on AibekS's profile page
- Wrote a Review A good hotel in Bangkok in Bangkok Hotels
- Uploaded a Photo to "Rio's best hostel"
- created a Egypt Travelogue "10 days in Egypt"
updated their Profile Page "Benvindos (Welcome)"
Top 10 Pages
- Rio de Janeiro Intro, 36 reviews, 37 photos
- Brazil Intro, 19 reviews, 39 photos, 2 travelogues
- Sevilla Intro, 1 review, 19 photos, 2 travelogues
- Granada Intro, 2 reviews, 17 photos, 2 travelogues
- Italy Intro, 2 reviews, 14 photos, 1 travelogue
- Argentina Intro, 6 reviews, 10 photos, 1 travelogue
- Hue Intro, 2 reviews, 11 photos, 1 travelogue
- Vietnam Intro, 1 review, 11 photos, 1 travelogue
- Arraial do Cabo Intro, 12 photos, 2 travelogues
- San Rafael Intro, 10 reviews, 2 photos
- Paris Hotels
- 22156 Reviews - 53823 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3078 Reviews - 5774 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15552 Reviews - 30944 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23057 Reviews - 47246 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 11940 Reviews - 26470 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1927 Reviews - 3713 Photos
- Myrtle Beach Hotels
- 319 Reviews - 425 Photos
- Las Vegas Hotels
- 8354 Reviews - 17030 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 1905 Reviews - 4447 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 325 Reviews - 885 Photos
- Toronto Hotels
- 4263 Reviews - 8768 Photos
- Melbourne Hotels
- 3341 Reviews - 7498 Photos
- Goa Hotels
- 2036 Reviews - 3787 Photos
- Panama City Beach Hotels
- 193 Reviews - 288 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7626 Reviews - 19428 Photos