"Life is a one way trip to discover oneself" B_Lacombe's Profile

KOYA now 7 year old

Don't blink an eye, a friend told me, or else your baby will be getting married. It reflects how I feel about life. My baby has grown up. I still carry her in my arms once in a while despite my wife telling me to watch out for my back.

Halloween 2009

It is about having fun between father and daughter but it is more about learning to share goodies with the rest of the family, once back at home.

Back in Canada

Well I have arrived from Peru a while ago but in the moving I had misplaced the camera chip and thus could not post picture from my trip. Now I have found my chips, I will be making a page about that last trip.

Horsebacking through the Andes

Listening to birds, watching butterfliesl and more than anything having my daughter with her horse next to me was my greatest joy. I know she will remember that trip for the rest of her life. We got wet by the rain, chased by thunders, watched the snow caps on top of mountains. What a trip. On the picture we are at "el mito" near Huancayo, Peru.

Koya and alpacas

Contrarely tp llamas, alpacas don't mind being pet and are friendly as long they don't feel coherce to do something they don't like. They are smaller than llamas, more rounded shape and their wool is finer too.

Stepping out in nature

Being a kid is around running outside with friends. What a difference from the city life. Seing kids playing and running is a wondergul sight, and more so when the kids are ours.

Enjoying the green aspect of Peru

I love jungle. I just wish my wife would love it as much. I was told not to push her and she will get to discover it by herself. So far, the only love story is between her and mosquitoes: They love her.

• Intro Updated Nov 20, 2011

• Reverend's Profile Photo
    Jan 4, 2015 at 9:14 PM

How are things up there? I hear it was quite a storm all over Quebec. We got some of it down here, but it was just a few inches of snow and then freezing rain, not the problems with power lines most places. It's warmer than usual now, and I hope they take care of everything there before the colder weather comes again. Rough beginning for 2015!

Stay safe and be well, my friend!

• Reverend's Profile Photo
    Jul 27, 2014 at 11:36 PM

Happy Birthday my friend! Glad we met through VT, in Montreal, 10 years ago this summer, and later your lovely family!

• toemayn's Profile Photo
    Jul 27, 2014 at 4:17 PM

I hope that your special day is full of fun and happiness and everything that you enjoy.

• Rixie's Profile Photo
    Jul 27, 2014 at 11:11 AM

Thinking of you on your birthday.

• toemayn's Profile Photo
    Jul 27, 2013 at 2:32 PM

Hope your birthday is filled with all the fun you can handle!

• Rixie's Profile Photo
    Jul 27, 2013 at 1:43 PM

Sending you warm wishes from California. (I can't believe how big Koya is.)

• alza's Profile Photo
    Jul 27, 2013 at 7:59 AM

Bonne fête Bruno! Une belle journée à Montréal... :-)

• TheTravelSlut's Profile Photo
    Jul 27, 2013 at 7:13 AM

Happy Birthday wishes to you.... :)

• Usctwin's Profile Photo
    Jul 27, 2012 at 10:58 AM

Have a great birthday, Bruno!

• DaHongHua's Profile Photo
    Jul 26, 2012 at 10:09 PM

A warm happy birthday greeting from Malaysia. Hope you have more travellings and more VT sharings in the coming years.

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!