"Lake Siljan Area" Mora by Hi_Im_Phil
Mora Travel Guide: 15 reviews and 31 photos
Rättvick is a small town located on the eastern shores of Lake Siljan in the heart of central Sweden. The countryside out here is beautiful and pristine. There are lots of small farms and open land. Lake Siljan is a pretty popular resort area for many Europeans as the water stays relatively warm throughout the year. Mora, on the northwestern side of the lake, is another small town worth spending at least a day in to check it out.
Sälen, an extremely popular ski resort (which didn't do us much good in the summer of course except get us a good deal on the cabin) is only a couple of hours away towards the west, through some of the most captivating views we've seen in Sweden. The terrain on the western side of Sweden definitely becomes more hilly and the roads become more fun to drive.
One of many gravesites with special designs in the sand. I'm not sure if the families or the caretakers would tend the... more travel advice
A beautiful and old (going back to the 13th century) church on the lakefront, the Rättvicks Kyrka is the most prominent... more travel advice
Hi_Im_Phil's Related Pages
Mora Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Mora - Vasaloppscountry!"
- "Quaint and laid-back Mora"
- "Lake Siljan Area"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Mora
- 6 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Mora?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Mora
Photos in MoraSee All Photos (3)
Top 10 Pages
- Lillehammer Intro, 5 reviews, 8 photos, 1 travelogue
- Bergen Intro, 7 reviews, 5 photos
- Stockholm Intro, 10 photos, 1 travelogue
- Mora Intro, 6 reviews, 3 photos
- Norway Intro, 3 reviews, 3 photos
- Ålesund Intro, 1 review, 5 photos, 1 travelogue
- Breda Intro, 2 reviews, 2 photos, 1 travelogue
- Göteborg Intro, 1 review, 2 photos, 1 travelogue
- Chicago 2 reviews
- Philip Intro, 2 photos, 1 travelogue