"Sunset at Lake Onega" Petrozavodsk by gardesque
Petrozavodsk Travel Guide: 152 reviews and 332 photos
Petrozavodsk, the capital of Russian Karelia, is located on the west coast of Lake Onega, Europe's second largest lake. The name actually means "Peter's Works" and reflects that the city was founded by Peter the Great as a location for a weapons factory. But let this military past not fool you; people are friendly, hospitable, incredibly helpful and well meaning.
The most street with most of the restaurants and night clubs is Ïðîñïýêò Ëýíèíà - Prospekt Lenina, which runs from the railway station to the lake front promenade, which in turn is the beating heart of the city.
People pull down from Lenina to this beautiful promenade every night. Monuments donated by twinned cities around the world are lined up along the promenade and add to the friendly, one could say international, atmosphere.
As the Severnaya could only offer us a room with no shower or toilet for the second night, we moved to the Masks. It is... more travel advice
gardesque's Related Pages
Petrozavodsk Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Petrozavodsk- the capital of Karelia"
- "Petrozavodsk - repeated visits ;-)"
- "Petrozavodsk is ..."
- "Ilona's city so faraway"
- "The capital of -- and gateway to -- Karelia"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Petrozavodsk
- Hotels in Petrozavodsk
- Transportation in Petrozavodsk
- Nightlife in Petrozavodsk
- Restaurants in Petrozavodsk
- Shopping in Petrozavodsk
- Warnings and Dangers in Petrozavodsk
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Petrozavodsk
- 2 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Petrozavodsk?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Petrozavodsk
Photos in PetrozavodskSee All Photos (3)
Top 10 Pages
- Guovdageaidnu / Kautokeino Intro, 20 reviews, 26 photos, 2 travelogues
- Ålesund Intro, 11 reviews, 11 photos
- Toronto Intro, 9 reviews, 7 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Inari Intro, 2 reviews, 11 photos, 1 travelogue
- Vilnius Intro, 12 photos, 2 travelogues
- Atlanta Intro, 6 reviews, 4 photos
- Tallinn Intro, 4 reviews, 6 photos
- Malung Intro, 3 reviews, 4 photos
- Montreal Intro, 3 reviews, 3 photos
- Wellington Region Intro, 2 reviews, 4 photos, 1 travelogue
FriendsSee All Friends (26)
Latest Petrozavodsk hotel reviews
- Severnaya Hotel
- 8 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jul 18, 2012