"SLOVENIA- Welcome" jmarkoos's Profile

...and Dovje Mojstrana in Triglav National Park

HIKING IN SLOVENIA - VT Meeting - 2002!MtTriglav 2864 m - we did it - some info come soon - but my friends put a lot of pics yet about - just enjoy!!

Visit my Dovje page where I live
Many of my friends and VT members asked me to put some informations about how to climb TRIGLAV!
Surely the easiest way is by helicopter :-) but we like our mountains too much to use it, so here are some tips :
How to climb to MtTriglav

SOUTHERN APPROACH
Bohinj

WESTERN APPROACH
From Trenta Valley

If you don't yet know what a mosaic of landscapes looks like, then you don't know Slovenia.There is only just a little over 20,000 square kilometres of this country,set between the Alps and the Adriatic, yet its territory nevertheless offers a patchwork of different landscapes, including Alpine,Dinaric, the Mediterranean and plains.There is a little of everything : high,snow-capped mountains and green valleys,wild,rolling foothhills,wooded Dinaric uplands, the vine-covered hills of ?tajerska and Dolenjska, the expanses of the Pannonian lowlands in Prekmurje, the pocked and perforated Karst,and for dessert even a little slice of the Adriatic Sea. But this is not all the diversity of Slovenia.
Naturally, the plant and animal life changes with the different landscapes, and when we add that this is a meeting point of the Geramnic,Romance and Slavic cultures, the image of Slovenia is almost complete.
Unspoilt nature,rich heritage and an abundance of diversity provide the splendid backdrop for wandering around Slovenia.And of course getting out into nature,particularly in the mountains, is a favourite pastime among the Slovenes,so it is little wonder that the entire country is woven with numerous well-maintained and marked footpaths.A roof over one's head and fortifying fare can be found along these paths at the plentiful huts and shelters.So there is no danger of getting lost, and you certainly won't finish any hiking trip to Slovenia hungry or thirsty.
Join us on the trail!
Welcome.I will be glad to meet you in Slovenia. I am living in Triglav National Park.Dovje Mojstrana-you should to discover this wonderful place
View from Dovje to Mojstrana and to Mt Triglav 2864 m.
For any informations you can email me:
Dovje Mojstrana lies on the margin of the Triglav National Park.

Present-day is the
home of a few generations of distinguished mountaineers and skiers.Top climbers,
continuing the tradition of Triglav guides of the Classical Period, took part,
among others, in Himalayan expeditions and reached a few eight thousand metre
peaks via difficult new climbing routes.Free-climbing, too, has achieved
European standards.Skiers,both men and women,boast a fine set of national
champions in all branches of skiing, and two Olympic Games bronze medallists in
slalom.
Is also the starting point for the Triglav 2864 m,the
highest summit of the Julian Alps.>

Email me

Welcome to visit my village:-)

Check out my Dovje page about

the beauty of Triglav National Park

• Intro Updated Jan 1, 2014

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!