"SLOVENIA- Welcome" jmarkoos's Profile
HIKING IN SLOVENIA - VT Meeting - 2002!MtTriglav 2864 m - we did it - some info come soon - but my friends put a lot of pics yet about - just enjoy!!
Visit my Dovje page where I live
Many of my friends and VT members asked me to put some informations about how to climb TRIGLAV!
Surely the easiest way is by helicopter :-) but we like our mountains too much to use it, so here are some tips :
How to climb to MtTriglav
From Vrata Valley
From Trenta Valley
If you don't yet know what a mosaic of landscapes looks like, then you don't know Slovenia.There is only just a little over 20,000 square kilometres of this country,set between the Alps and the Adriatic, yet its territory nevertheless offers a patchwork of different landscapes, including Alpine,Dinaric, the Mediterranean and plains.There is a little of everything : high,snow-capped mountains and green valleys,wild,rolling foothhills,wooded Dinaric uplands, the vine-covered hills of ?tajerska and Dolenjska, the expanses of the Pannonian lowlands in Prekmurje, the pocked and perforated Karst,and for dessert even a little slice of the Adriatic Sea. But this is not all the diversity of Slovenia.
Naturally, the plant and animal life changes with the different landscapes, and when we add that this is a meeting point of the Geramnic,Romance and Slavic cultures, the image of Slovenia is almost complete.
Unspoilt nature,rich heritage and an abundance of diversity provide the splendid backdrop for wandering around Slovenia.And of course getting out into nature,particularly in the mountains, is a favourite pastime among the Slovenes,so it is little wonder that the entire country is woven with numerous well-maintained and marked footpaths.A roof over one's head and fortifying fare can be found along these paths at the plentiful huts and shelters.So there is no danger of getting lost, and you certainly won't finish any hiking trip to Slovenia hungry or thirsty.
Join us on the trail!
Welcome.I will be glad to meet you in Slovenia. I am living in Triglav National Park.Dovje Mojstrana-you should to discover this wonderful place
View from Dovje to Mojstrana and to Mt Triglav 2864 m.
For any informations you can email me:
Dovje Mojstrana lies on the margin of the Triglav National Park.
Present-day is the
home of a few generations of distinguished mountaineers and skiers.Top climbers,
continuing the tradition of Triglav guides of the Classical Period, took part,
among others, in Himalayan expeditions and reached a few eight thousand metre
peaks via difficult new climbing routes.Free-climbing, too, has achieved
European standards.Skiers,both men and women,boast a fine set of national
champions in all branches of skiing, and two Olympic Games bronze medallists in
Is also the starting point for the Triglav 2864 m,the
highest summit of the Julian Alps.>
Check out my Dovje page about
the beauty of Triglav National Park
Personal Pages (5)
Top Travel Pages
Explore the World
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 189 Reviews
- 367 Photos
- 6 Countries
- 11 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
- Commented on jmarkoos's profile page
updated their Profile Page "SLOVENIA- Welcome"
- Uploaded a Photo to "SLOVENIA- Welcome"
- jmarkoos and mikkie50 are now friends.
- Posted in Travel Slovenia Forum "RE: RE: map of distances in..."
- updated a Slovenia Travelogue "Accommodations in Dovje-Mojstrana-Triglav National"
- Wrote a Review skiing down in Dovje Sports & Outdoors
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dovje Intro, 59 reviews, 95 photos, 5 travelogues
- Kerkyra Intro, 38 reviews, 46 photos, 7 travelogues
- Slovenia Intro, 10 reviews, 64 photos, 9 travelogues
- Europe Intro, 15 reviews, 17 photos
- Kranjska Gora Intro, 9 reviews, 23 photos, 3 travelogues
- Czech Republic Intro, 15 reviews, 16 photos
- Triglav Nacionalni Park Intro, 5 reviews, 21 photos, 2 travelogues
- Plzen Intro, 10 reviews, 11 photos
- Mojstrana Intro, 5 reviews, 11 photos, 3 travelogues
- Olomouc Intro, 5 reviews, 6 photos
- Paris Hotels
- 22479 Reviews - 55020 Photos
- Fort Lauderdale Hotels
- 659 Reviews - 1389 Photos
- Dubai Hotels
- 2702 Reviews - 7926 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23320 Reviews - 48909 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15643 Reviews - 31276 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 2028 Reviews - 4971 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 328 Reviews - 894 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1933 Reviews - 3724 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3098 Reviews - 5880 Photos
- Punta Cana Hotels
- 422 Reviews - 1020 Photos
- Playa del Carmen Hotels
- 780 Reviews - 1749 Photos
- Goa Hotels
- 2058 Reviews - 3874 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 12024 Reviews - 26762 Photos
- Bangkok Hotels
- 10315 Reviews - 22905 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7829 Reviews - 20234 Photos