"Welcome to my homepage!" Tami_G's Profile
"If you reject the food, ignore the customs, fear the religion and avoid the people, you might better stay at home."
James A. Michener
"I dream of giving birth to a child who will ask, 'Mother, what was war?' " - Eve Merriam
Hola! I'm Tamara and I'm from Spain. I currently live in the Washington D.C. metro area. I have been here for 3 years now. I have also lived in Spain and the UK.
I am (slowly) working on my travel pages and I'll try to make them as useful as possible.
Things I like: travelling, the sun, warm weather, the sea, reading, watching movies, butterflies, ice-cream, playing games, cats, music...
I got engaged this past summer and I will be celebrating my wedding in Spain on July 21st 2007. I'm very excited!! :-)
I have spent a big time of my life living abroad (UK and US) and I love travelling. I really like exploring new places and especially meeting new people. My favorite city, so far, is San Francisco. I got to visit it this spring break and It was love at first sight.
Right now I'm living in northern Virginia, in Manassas (35 miles away from DC)
My fiancé, Jeff, is from Syracuse in New York State. He came to meet my family and friends this summer (2006) in Spain and we did a lot of trips.
Ferrol, Spain, 1978-1983
London, UK, 1983-1988
Ferrol, Spain, 1988-1989
Santiago, Spain, 1989-1999
Birmingham, UK, 1999-2000
Lawrence, KS, USA, 2001-2003
Santiago, Spain, 2003-2004
Manassas, VA, USA, 2004- ?
* "The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page." St. Augustine
* "There is no happiness for the person who does not travel. For Indra is the friend of the traveler, therefore wander!" Brahmann
* "I can't think of anything that excites a greater sense of childlike wonder than to be in a country where you are ignorant of almost eveything." Bill Bryson
* "We live in a wonderful world that is full of beauty, charm and adventure. There is no end to the adventures we can have if only we seek them with our eyes open."
* "Own only what you can carry with you; know language, know countries, know people. Let your memory be your travel bag."
* "He who would travel happily must travel light." Antoine de St. Exupery
* "I have found out that there ain't no surer way to find out whether you like people or hate them than to travel with them [...] Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails.
EXPLORE. DREAM. DISCOVER"
Personal Pages (1)
Top Travel Pages
Explore the World
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 51 Reviews
- 129 Photos
- 2 Countries
- 3 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
- Tami_G and Kristina1701 are now friends.
- Uploaded a Photo to "My Family"
updated their Personal Page "My Family"
- created a Washington D.C. Travel Page "Washington DC"
- Commented on Christophe_Ons's profile page
- Wrote a Review A local institution in Santiago de Compostela Things to Do
- Posted in Travel Spain Forum "Re: Movin to Spain"
Top 5 Pages
- Santiago de Compostela Intro, 25 reviews, 47 photos, 4 travelogues
- San Francisco Intro, 25 reviews, 41 photos, 3 travelogues
- Oviedo Intro, 1 review, 7 photos, 1 travelogue
- Ferrol Intro, 8 photos, 1 travelogue
- Lawrence Intro, 6 photos, 1 travelogue
- Paris Hotels
- 22465 Reviews - 54992 Photos
- Dubai Hotels
- 2702 Reviews - 7926 Photos
- Subic Hotels
- 246 Reviews - 861 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23318 Reviews - 48909 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15643 Reviews - 31276 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 2025 Reviews - 4971 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 328 Reviews - 894 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3092 Reviews - 5855 Photos
- Punta Cana Hotels
- 422 Reviews - 1020 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1933 Reviews - 3724 Photos
- Playa del Carmen Hotels
- 780 Reviews - 1749 Photos
- Goa Hotels
- 2058 Reviews - 3874 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 12023 Reviews - 26760 Photos
- Bangkok Hotels
- 10315 Reviews - 22905 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7829 Reviews - 20234 Photos