"Welcome to my homepage!" Tami_G's Profile
"If you reject the food, ignore the customs, fear the religion and avoid the people, you might better stay at home."
James A. Michener
"I dream of giving birth to a child who will ask, 'Mother, what was war?' " - Eve Merriam
Hola! I'm Tamara and I'm from Spain. I currently live in the Washington D.C. metro area. I have been here for 3 years now. I have also lived in Spain and the UK.
I am (slowly) working on my travel pages and I'll try to make them as useful as possible.
Things I like: travelling, the sun, warm weather, the sea, reading, watching movies, butterflies, ice-cream, playing games, cats, music...
I got engaged this past summer and I will be celebrating my wedding in Spain on July 21st 2007. I'm very excited!! :-)
I have spent a big time of my life living abroad (UK and US) and I love travelling. I really like exploring new places and especially meeting new people. My favorite city, so far, is San Francisco. I got to visit it this spring break and It was love at first sight.
Right now I'm living in northern Virginia, in Manassas (35 miles away from DC)
My fiancé, Jeff, is from Syracuse in New York State. He came to meet my family and friends this summer (2006) in Spain and we did a lot of trips.
Ferrol, Spain, 1978-1983
London, UK, 1983-1988
Ferrol, Spain, 1988-1989
Santiago, Spain, 1989-1999
Birmingham, UK, 1999-2000
Lawrence, KS, USA, 2001-2003
Santiago, Spain, 2003-2004
Manassas, VA, USA, 2004- ?
* "The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page." St. Augustine
* "There is no happiness for the person who does not travel. For Indra is the friend of the traveler, therefore wander!" Brahmann
* "I can't think of anything that excites a greater sense of childlike wonder than to be in a country where you are ignorant of almost eveything." Bill Bryson
* "We live in a wonderful world that is full of beauty, charm and adventure. There is no end to the adventures we can have if only we seek them with our eyes open."
* "Own only what you can carry with you; know language, know countries, know people. Let your memory be your travel bag."
* "He who would travel happily must travel light." Antoine de St. Exupery
* "I have found out that there ain't no surer way to find out whether you like people or hate them than to travel with them [...] Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails.
EXPLORE. DREAM. DISCOVER"
Personal Pages (1)
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 51 Reviews
- 129 Photos
- 2 Countries
- 3 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
- Tami_G and Kristina1701 are now friends.
- Uploaded a Photo to "My Family"
updated their Personal Page "My Family"
- created a Washington D.C. Travel Page "Washington DC"
- Commented on Christophe_Ons's profile page
- Wrote a Review A local institution in Santiago de Compostela Things to Do
- Posted in Travel Spain Forum "Re: Movin to Spain"
Top 5 Pages
- Santiago de Compostela Intro, 25 reviews, 47 photos, 4 travelogues
- San Francisco Intro, 25 reviews, 41 photos, 3 travelogues
- Oviedo Intro, 1 review, 7 photos, 1 travelogue
- Ferrol Intro, 8 photos, 1 travelogue
- Lawrence Intro, 6 photos, 1 travelogue
- Paris Hotels
- 22175 Reviews - 53908 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3079 Reviews - 5774 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15524 Reviews - 30894 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23066 Reviews - 47272 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 11941 Reviews - 26475 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1928 Reviews - 3713 Photos
- Myrtle Beach Hotels
- 319 Reviews - 425 Photos
- Las Vegas Hotels
- 8349 Reviews - 17018 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 1914 Reviews - 4475 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 325 Reviews - 885 Photos
- Toronto Hotels
- 4278 Reviews - 8803 Photos
- Melbourne Hotels
- 3341 Reviews - 7500 Photos
- Goa Hotels
- 2036 Reviews - 3787 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7646 Reviews - 19527 Photos
- Panama City Beach Hotels
- 193 Reviews - 288 Photos