"The fallen glory..." Top 5 Page for this destination Rhyolite by LHOON
Rhyolite Travel Guide: 34 reviews and 112 photos
Unlike most other "ghost" towns, this place saw it big, with buildings in solid stone and concrete. This gives a special atmosphere to the ruins, which is on a par with classical temples.
- In a nutshell:Scenic ruins in an unique desert setting
Ghost towns have something special. This one has buildings in stone, making the ruins even more impressive. It ain't as... more travel advice
The railway died with the town, but the depot still stands in reasonable shape. It is now vacant, having housed a casino... more travel advice
LHOON's Related Pages
Rhyolite Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "~Rhylolite~A town not lost!"
- "RHYOLITE BOOM AND BUST"
- "Money makes history!"
- "The fallen glory..."
- "Rhyolite: Ghost City in the Amargosa"
- "Ghost Town"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Rhyolite
- Restaurants in Rhyolite
- Warnings and Dangers in Rhyolite
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Rhyolite
- 5 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Rhyolite?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Rhyolite
Photos in RhyoliteSee All Photos (6)
Top 10 Pages
- Death Valley National Park Intro, 20 reviews, 21 photos
- Canna Island Intro, 14 reviews, 14 photos
- Fair Isle Intro, 14 reviews, 12 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Iona Intro, 7 reviews, 8 photos
- Chicago Intro, 6 reviews, 7 photos
- Radisson Intro, 6 reviews, 7 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rhyolite Intro, 5 reviews, 6 photos
- Las Vegas 5 reviews, 5 photos
- Staffa Intro, 4 reviews, 5 photos
- Essex Intro, 4 reviews, 5 photos