"What can I say about Home Sweet Home?" De Land by goingplaces
De Land Travel Guide: 40 reviews and 91 photos
DeLand is the city I called home between the ages of 3 and 17. It will always be home, I guess, because Mom and Dad are there. It is the city where I had my first kiss and my first broken heart, and also where I met, dated, and married my husband. It is a city that is always changing--so different on my last visit than it was on the visit before. So many of my high school graduating class were in my elementary school with me. We were so eager to leave, all of us just wanted to get out, and now I always look forward to going back. After all, it is home sweet home.
I owe a gigantic apology to the nice women who run DeLand's Family Bookshop. I was home in October/November and told them I would be mentioning them *in a couple of weeks,* once I returned home and had a chance to develop my pictures. The problem was, all my written information was in a package which was lost in the mail, and I only received it recently. And so, I now have pictures and information and will soon update my DeLand page. The world needs to know what a great town it is. Thanks for checking in!
Paula : )
- Pros:Mom and Dad live there! Free room and board!
- Cons:Fish and family begin to smell after three days!
- In a nutshell:A beautiful little city in the heart of Central Florida
The Family Book Shop is, in a word, huge. In fact, they're expanding into another part of their building just to hold... more travel advice
goingplaces' Related Pages
De Land Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Volusia County Seat"
- "Wonderful old De Land"
- "DeLand florida"
- "What can I say about Home Sweet Home?"
- "Skydive Deland"
- See All...
- Things to Do in De Land
- Transportation in De Land
- Restaurants in De Land
- Shopping in De Land
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in De Land
- 2 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to De Land?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in De Land
Top 10 Pages
- Amsterdam Intro, 18 reviews, 38 photos, 3 travelogues
- Innsbruck Intro, 4 reviews, 45 photos, 4 travelogues
- Göteborg Intro, 9 reviews, 26 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kitzingen Intro, 4 reviews, 29 photos, 3 travelogues
- Giebelstadt Intro, 9 reviews, 24 photos, 2 travelogues
- Rotterdam Intro, 10 reviews, 22 photos, 1 travelogue
- Schieder-Schwalenberg Intro, 9 reviews, 20 photos, 1 travelogue
- Netherlands Intro, 19 photos, 1 travelogue
- Paris Intro, 6 reviews, 12 photos, 1 travelogue
- Würzburg Intro, 8 reviews, 10 photos, 1 travelogue