"What can I say about Home Sweet Home?" De Land by goingplaces

De Land Travel Guide: 40 reviews and 91 photos

DeLand is the city I called home between the ages of 3 and 17. It will always be home, I guess, because Mom and Dad are there. It is the city where I had my first kiss and my first broken heart, and also where I met, dated, and married my husband. It is a city that is always changing--so different on my last visit than it was on the visit before. So many of my high school graduating class were in my elementary school with me. We were so eager to leave, all of us just wanted to get out, and now I always look forward to going back. After all, it is home sweet home.

**I will update this page soon**

I owe a gigantic apology to the nice women who run DeLand's Family Bookshop. I was home in October/November and told them I would be mentioning them *in a couple of weeks,* once I returned home and had a chance to develop my pictures. The problem was, all my written information was in a package which was lost in the mail, and I only received it recently. And so, I now have pictures and information and will soon update my DeLand page. The world needs to know what a great town it is. Thanks for checking in!

Paula : )

• Pros:Mom and Dad live there! Free room and board!
  • Cons:Fish and family begin to smell after three days!
  • In a nutshell:A beautiful little city in the heart of Central Florida
  • Last visit to De Land: Jun 2001
  • Intro Updated Feb 6, 2003

goingplaces

“Letting life get in the way of travel....”

Badges & Stats in De Land

Have you been to De Land?

Latest Activity in De Land