"Magical Praha!!" Prague by goingplaces
Prague Travel Guide: 11,891 reviews and 24,862 photos
I'll be the first to admit that Prague was never on my Top 10 list of cities to see. Heck, it wasn't even on my Top 20 list! So, when a friend suggested that my husband and I accompany her and her husband for a long weekend there, we were wary. My fears ('What's to do there?') were unfounded, and now that we've been to Prague I'll enthusiastically encourage anyone to visit! Our visit lasted from a recent Friday afternoon until late Monday morning, and it was perfect. Hopefully I can fully recount the details of our trip, and hopefully it will be entertaining and informative for you. Enjoy your reading, and I'll enjoy the memories!
Prague has some great qualities I've seen in other European cities, and a few qualities that surprised me. I live in Germany, where everything closes down after about 4pm on Saturdays. Well, after doing most of my shopping on a Sunday afternoon in Prague, I could see that wasn't the case there. I also noticed a lot of English being spoken...Yes, I realize that this is a touristy city like most others, but Prague managed to keep, at least for me, a sense of history and sophistication that you don't necessarily find in places like Dam Square in Amsterdam. Speaking of Amsterdam, I found Prague to be the perfect blend of Amsterdam without the drugs, and Paris without the attitude (sorry my Parisian friends, but that is what I felt while visiting your beautiful city!). I felt welcome for sure. One last thing I noticed while visiting Prague: I think the people of Prague know that there is much to see while there, however, there isn't much to do. For that reason, there are many, many walking tours of the city available. This was something we definitely took advantage of, and I recommend the same to you. I'll try and recap some of my experiences in my travel tips. Thanks again!
- Pros:Everything is easily accessible.
- Cons:We had to come home!
- In a nutshell:Make sure to see this golden gem of Eastern Europe!
The first time we visited this restaurant/bar was as part of our organized Beer Tour of Prague, and one of my companions... more travel advice
This restaurant was a perfect little haven for us to grab an early dinner. It had just enough tables and several... more travel advice
goingplaces' Related Pages
Prague Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "What a great and romantic place !"
- "The beautiful town of Prague"
- "WOW! WHAT A WONDERFUL CITY!"
- "Praha is amazing!"
- "Peramble Around Prague"
- "prague czech republic"
- "PRAHA - PRAGUE"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Prague
- Hotels in Prague
- Transportation in Prague
- Nightlife in Prague
- Restaurants in Prague
- Shopping in Prague
- Warnings and Dangers in Prague
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Prague
- 5 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Prague?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Prague
Photos in PragueSee All Photos (8)
Top 10 Pages
- Amsterdam Intro, 18 reviews, 38 photos, 3 travelogues
- Innsbruck Intro, 4 reviews, 45 photos, 4 travelogues
- Göteborg Intro, 9 reviews, 26 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kitzingen Intro, 4 reviews, 29 photos, 3 travelogues
- Giebelstadt Intro, 9 reviews, 24 photos, 2 travelogues
- Rotterdam Intro, 10 reviews, 22 photos, 1 travelogue
- Schieder-Schwalenberg Intro, 9 reviews, 20 photos, 1 travelogue
- Netherlands Intro, 19 photos, 1 travelogue
- Paris Intro, 6 reviews, 12 photos, 1 travelogue
- Würzburg Intro, 8 reviews, 10 photos, 1 travelogue