"Magical Praha!!" Prague by goingplaces

Prague Travel Guide: 11,886 reviews and 24,845 photos

A 7-Day-A-Week City!

I'll be the first to admit that Prague was never on my Top 10 list of cities to see. Heck, it wasn't even on my Top 20 list! So, when a friend suggested that my husband and I accompany her and her husband for a long weekend there, we were wary. My fears ('What's to do there?') were unfounded, and now that we've been to Prague I'll enthusiastically encourage anyone to visit! Our visit lasted from a recent Friday afternoon until late Monday morning, and it was perfect. Hopefully I can fully recount the details of our trip, and hopefully it will be entertaining and informative for you. Enjoy your reading, and I'll enjoy the memories!

A Few Things I Noticed....

Prague has some great qualities I've seen in other European cities, and a few qualities that surprised me. I live in Germany, where everything closes down after about 4pm on Saturdays. Well, after doing most of my shopping on a Sunday afternoon in Prague, I could see that wasn't the case there. I also noticed a lot of English being spoken...Yes, I realize that this is a touristy city like most others, but Prague managed to keep, at least for me, a sense of history and sophistication that you don't necessarily find in places like Dam Square in Amsterdam. Speaking of Amsterdam, I found Prague to be the perfect blend of Amsterdam without the drugs, and Paris without the attitude (sorry my Parisian friends, but that is what I felt while visiting your beautiful city!). I felt welcome for sure. One last thing I noticed while visiting Prague: I think the people of Prague know that there is much to see while there, however, there isn't much to do. For that reason, there are many, many walking tours of the city available. This was something we definitely took advantage of, and I recommend the same to you. I'll try and recap some of my experiences in my travel tips. Thanks again!

• Pros:Everything is easily accessible.
  • Cons:We had to come home!
  • In a nutshell:Make sure to see this golden gem of Eastern Europe!
  • Last visit to Prague: Jul 2003
  • Intro Updated Jul 10, 2003

• Jul 29, 2003 at 9:52 AM

Nice complain about that "Disney of Prague" :-)) - Apostol show is several centuries younger than rest of the clock (16?? vs. 1410) and when in it was set up, some people protested that it will be just ""Disney"" show for crowds :-))

goingplaces

“Letting life get in the way of travel....”

Badges & Stats in Prague