"Castles: The hotels of the...future?" Schieder-Schwalenberg by goingplaces

Schieder-Schwalenberg Travel Guide: 14 reviews and 42 photos

Burg Schwalenberg

Once upon a time, my husband and I belonged to a tight-knit group of friends. We called ourselves The Family, and we participated in several fun activities together. One such activity was spending a weekend together....in a castle.

The Nitty Gritty

If you're looking for much information on the city Schieder-Schwalenberg, you won't find it here. Our trip consisted of a late Saturday (after most businesses had closed for the day) and a Sunday (when all the businesses are closed) and we weren't really able to do too much in town. We were staying in the castle and wanted to concentrate on enjoying that. I do have a few pictures of the town itself, and I will try and post them where I can.

In case you want to get there...

...here is the map from the back of the brochure. From what I remember when I booked it, look for Schieder-Schwalenberg to be approximately 70kms south of Hannover, between Autobahn 2 and Autobahn 44. Have a fun trip!

• Pros:A wonderful castle to explore!
  • Cons:Lots of nooks and crannies to get lost in!
  • In a nutshell:A unique travel experience not to be missed!
  • Last visit to Schieder-Schwalenberg: Apr 2002
  • Intro Updated Feb 12, 2003

• Jan 2, 2008 at 3:34 PM

Thanks so much for all the pictures and info, I am hoping to be able to visit this area and stay in the castle someday. S

• ATLC's Profile Photo
    Dec 12, 2003 at 4:31 PM

Written like a true castle lady !

• d_d's Profile Photo
    Apr 16, 2003 at 4:21 AM

Wonderful sleeping in castle! :-)

• Mar 27, 2003 at 4:03 AM

Excellant page...wealth of information..nice phtographs too...Superb page

• pepples46's Profile Photo
    Mar 2, 2003 at 3:01 AM

das ist aber ne schoene Ecke von Deutschland.....never knew it is there LOL, tanx for sharing

• martin_nl's Profile Photo
    Feb 14, 2003 at 3:16 AM

Great castle to explore for a weekend! The rooms look great for partying ;-)

• truus_s's Profile Photo
    Feb 8, 2003 at 6:31 AM

Wow!!Great castle!!Ilove castles!!Thanks

• Leipzig's Profile Photo
    Feb 8, 2003 at 5:06 AM

What a beautiful castle, never heard about that before. I love such 'off the beaten path places'

goingplaces

“Letting life get in the way of travel....”

Badges & Stats in Schieder-Schwalenberg

Have you been to Schieder-Schwalenberg?

Photos in Schieder-Schwalenberg