"Djenné: mixed feelings..." Top 5 Page for this destination Djenne by F_Meignant
Djenne Travel Guide: 75 reviews and 210 photos
Nice city for sure. It has been listed in Unesco’s World Heritage. The mosque (first built in 1280) is fantastic. There are nice pieces of architecture everywhere. The market (on monday) is considered as one of the most beautiful in Western Africa…
Despite all this, I was a bit disappointed. Probably after the magical Mopti. Too many tourists. Too much noise on my opinion. Too much harassing.
- Pros:Architecture, market
- Cons:Harassing, too many tourists...
- In a nutshell:I would not live in a museum.
Golden ears and nostrils rings: another Djenné’s speciality. They are traditional Peul (Fulani) jewels. Of course,... more travel advice
The “Résidence Tapama” is a good place to rest after the market’s hurly-burly… The hotel (also restaurant) is managed... more travel advice
F_Meignant's Related Pages
Djenne Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Djenne is a Market Town with a Great Mud Mosque"
- "Djenné: mixed feelings..."
- "Djenne - Impressive 14th Century Mud Mosquee"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Djenne
- Hotels in Djenne
- Transportation in Djenne
- Nightlife in Djenne
- Restaurants in Djenne
- Shopping in Djenne
- Warnings and Dangers in Djenne
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Djenne
- 4 Reviews
- 20 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 11 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (17)
Have you been to Djenne?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Djenne
Top 10 Pages
- Yougopiri Intro, 25 reviews, 49 photos, 3 travelogues
- France Intro, 16 reviews, 56 photos, 2 travelogues
- Quebec Intro, 15 reviews, 43 photos, 1 travelogue
- Morocco Intro, 56 photos, 1 travelogue
- Bergamo Intro, 5 reviews, 51 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mopti Intro, 8 reviews, 45 photos, 5 travelogues
- Othe Intro, 6 reviews, 46 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Verdun-sur-Meuse Intro, 12 reviews, 35 photos, 4 travelogues
- Lac Faguibine Intro, 1 review, 34 photos, 5 travelogues
- Ireland Intro, 27 photos, 1 travelogue