"A base camp for visiting the Sahel villages." Kaya by F_Meignant
Kaya Travel Guide: 5 reviews and 9 photos
Not a lot to do in Kaya.
It’s rather a good base for visiting the villages of the surroundings, in particular Manéga and Dibilou.
The most part of Kaya's atmosphere comes from the big lake and it’s “factories” of banco (bricks of dried earth for building houses).
One of my strange companions for breakfasts, on the terrace of the hotel.
Waiting for some pieces of bread (with butter, please)… and asking very much. Disappointed because there is no butter.
Funny, not really shy, not malodorous, not bad.
Simply ugly and insisting.
Also stealing the hens’ food. Funny to see the waiter running after them!
- Pros:A good base, well situated hotel.
- Cons:Nothing special in Kaya...
The picture was taken at the police station on the road just outside of Kaya: as I suspected, the policemen did not want... more travel advice
The Auberge is a State hotel. It’s very well situated at the top of a hill and gives a nice view over the lake. It’s... more travel advice
F_Meignant's Related Pages
Badges & Stats in Kaya
- 6 Reviews
- 9 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (17)
Have you been to Kaya?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kaya
Top 10 Pages
- Yougopiri Intro, 25 reviews, 49 photos, 3 travelogues
- France Intro, 16 reviews, 56 photos, 2 travelogues
- Quebec Intro, 15 reviews, 43 photos, 1 travelogue
- Morocco Intro, 56 photos, 1 travelogue
- Bergamo Intro, 5 reviews, 51 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mopti Intro, 8 reviews, 45 photos, 5 travelogues
- Othe Intro, 6 reviews, 46 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Verdun-sur-Meuse Intro, 12 reviews, 35 photos, 4 travelogues
- Lac Faguibine Intro, 1 review, 34 photos, 5 travelogues
- Ireland Intro, 27 photos, 1 travelogue