"The city by the sea" Kotka by empbu
Kotka Travel Guide: 17 reviews and 46 photos
<FONT FACE=Helvetica, Arial><FONT SIZE=+0.5>
On 21 May 1878, Alexander II, Emperor of Russia and the Grand Duke of Finland, made a declaration for the establishment of a town by the name of Kotka ("Eagle" in English).
Kotka is a city near Kouvola (the city I live in) and there are over 30 000 people living there. I like the city, one of the reasons is the sea nearby!
My best memories from Kotka must be from the every-year Kotka Maritime Festival . The festival lasts for a few days and there are lots of music performances and other shows in town. Many people come there just to walk around the city and sit at the bar terrace... enjoying their nice cool beer/cider! :)
I work in Kotka (actually in a city part called Karhula) at the moment and I hope to add more to this page as I get more familiar with the city.
- Pros:The Maritime Festival and the sea
- Cons:The wind from the sea feels very strong and cold at times
- In a nutshell:A lovely seaside town
It is really beautiful there in the summertime! It's lovely just to walk around the park and enjoy the nature. At... more travel advice
Jumalniemi is the biggest shopping centre in Kotka for consumer durables. If you are building or renovating your home,... more travel advice
empbu's Related Pages
Kotka Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Kotka - city by the sea"
- "City by the sea"
- "The city by the sea"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Kotka
- Hotels in Kotka
- Transportation in Kotka
- Shopping in Kotka
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Kotka
- 4 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 53 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (10)
Have you been to Kotka?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kotka
Top 10 Pages
- Kouvola Intro, 22 reviews, 11 photos
- Kuusankoski Intro, 6 reviews, 18 photos, 2 travelogues
- Helsinki Intro, 10 reviews, 12 photos, 1 travelogue
- Finland Intro, 10 reviews, 11 photos, 2 travelogues
- London Intro, 10 reviews, 9 photos, 1 travelogue
- Tampere Intro, 5 reviews, 2 photos
- Kotka Intro, 4 reviews, 3 photos
- Stockholm Intro, 5 photos, 1 travelogue
- Joensuu Intro, 2 reviews, 2 photos
- Koria Intro, 2 reviews, 2 photos