"San Juan island Page" Top 5 Page for this destination Friday Harbor by PNW_Travel
Friday Harbor Travel Guide: 131 reviews and 296 photos
My husband and I live on San Juan island (along with our three wild wiener dogs AKA dachshunds). I love nature, so San Juan island is a good place to be for me.
We do lots of hiking and sometimes kayaking. Yesterday we were at American Camp park again and suddenly a whole pod of Orcas (also known as "killer whales") started surfacing just 25 feet or so from us off shore.
We sat there for a long time watching them...sometimes they would leap completely out of the water. Our dachshund Gaudi would bark with fury at them when they surfaced. I'm sure they dove down into the water to escape his wrath :)
If you like nature then you should love walking at American Camp National Monument. We often see bald eagles. Sunsets... more travel advice
You can get to the San Juan islands a number of different ways. If you are coming from Seattle you can fly here via... more travel advice
PNW_Travel's Related Pages
Friday Harbor Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Friday Harbor/San Juan Island"
- "Last Stop before You Need Your Passport"
- "Friday Harbor, Washington"
- "San Juan island Page"
- "You'll want to come back."
- "Friday Harbor a tiny and cute place in the Ocean"
- "NWPassages's Friday Harbor Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Friday Harbor
- Hotels in Friday Harbor
- Transportation in Friday Harbor
- Nightlife in Friday Harbor
- Restaurants in Friday Harbor
- Shopping in Friday Harbor
- Warnings and Dangers in Friday Harbor
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Friday Harbor
- 5 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Friday Harbor?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Friday Harbor
Photos in Friday HarborSee All Photos (4)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Friday Harbor Intro, 5 reviews, 4 photos
- French Polynesia Intro, 5 photos, 1 travelogue
- Germany Intro, 2 reviews, 2 photos
- China Intro, 3 photos, 1 travelogue
- Oregon Intro, 2 reviews, 1 photo
- Japan Intro, 2 photos, 1 travelogue
- Venice 1 review, 1 photo
- Würzburg Intro, 1 review, 1 photo
- Philippines Intro, 1 photo
- Thailand Intro, 1 photo
No friends yet.