"Simpelveld to Schin op Geul by historic train" Simpelveld by egonwegh
Simpelveld Travel Guide: 2 reviews and 19 photos
We took our weekend foster child R. along on a trip from Simpelveld to Schin op Geul by train with the Zuid-Limburgse Stoomtrein Maatschappij (ZLSM). The main line, some 10 miles long, runs from Schin op Geul to Kerkrade. It cost about a million guilders per kilometre to construct, hence the name 'Miljoenenlijn' or Million Guilder Line (source: leaflet)
After the regular service was discontinued, volunteers took over the exploitation, using steam engines that were bought in Sweden. This is a picture of one these historic locomotives. The station at Simpelveld also houses a small railroad museum.
Upon our return in Simpelveld we made a short tour of the countryside and ended up in Landgraaf, where we visited Mondo Verde.
Theme Park Mondo Verde - see the world in one day more travel advice
egonwegh's Related Pages
Simpelveld Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Simpelveld to Schin op Geul by historic train"
- "Savage children here"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Simpelveld
- 2 Reviews
- 16 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (96)
Have you been to Simpelveld?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Simpelveld
Photos in SimpelveldSee All Photos (16)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nijmegen Intro, 79 reviews, 120 photos, 5 travelogues
- Amsterdam Intro, 29 reviews, 67 photos, 3 travelogues
- Athens Intro, 13 reviews, 71 photos, 3 travelogues
- Berlin Intro, 14 reviews, 50 photos, 4 travelogues
- Salzburg Intro, 8 reviews, 56 photos, 4 travelogues
- The Hague Intro, 21 reviews, 35 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zwolle Intro, 25 reviews, 31 photos
- London Intro, 17 reviews, 37 photos, 3 travelogues
- Arnhem Intro, 10 reviews, 39 photos, 4 travelogues
- United Kingdom Intro, 5 reviews, 43 photos, 1 travelogue