"'Turkey'" Turkeije by egonwegh
Turkeije Travel Guide: 0 reviews and 1 photos
In our language there is no difference in the pronunciation of the name of this place and that of the country Turkey, that is to say, both this place and the foreign country are called "Turkije" ; only the names are spelled differently.
So the only reason I can think of to visit this remote hamlet in Zeeuws-Vlaanderen is to provoke a dialogue like the one below:
"En waar ben jij dit weekend dan geweest? --- Wie, ik? Turkeije! ---Echt waar? Jemig, zeg!"
('So where have you been for the weekend? --- Who, me? Turkey! --- Really?? Gee!')
I have to admit it: I've been to Zeeuws-Vlaanderen too, way back in the 70s with my parents and brothers. Had some wonderful holidays there. I'm pretty sure we drove through Turkeije once or twice back then, but I do not have a picture to prove it.
Our weekend foster child (right) spent a short holiday there this spring, and we received this picture by e-mail...
egonwegh's Related Pages
Badges & Stats in Turkeije
- 0 Reviews
- 1 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (96)
Have you been to Turkeije?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Turkeije
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nijmegen Intro, 80 reviews, 120 photos, 5 travelogues
- Amsterdam Intro, 29 reviews, 67 photos, 3 travelogues
- Athens Intro, 13 reviews, 71 photos, 3 travelogues
- Berlin Intro, 14 reviews, 50 photos, 4 travelogues
- Salzburg Intro, 8 reviews, 56 photos, 4 travelogues
- The Hague Intro, 21 reviews, 35 photos, 3 travelogues
- London Intro, 17 reviews, 37 photos, 3 travelogues
- Arnhem Intro, 10 reviews, 39 photos, 4 travelogues
- United Kingdom Intro, 5 reviews, 43 photos, 1 travelogue
- Rome Intro, 12 reviews, 35 photos, 2 travelogues