"Kourion Page" Kourion by egonwegh
Kourion Travel Guide: 4 reviews and 48 photos
Kourion is well-known for its archaeological site (ancient Curium), with a theatre, a forum and baths. Nearby, on the road between Paphos and Limassol is the temple of Apollo Hylates. Kolossi Castle is situated closer to the town of Limassol. Since the three sites (Curium, Apollo temple and the castle) are within close distance of each other I would suggest you visit all three of them on the same day.
Apparently, Kourion played only a minor part in history:
One of its kings, Stasanor, deserted the Cypriot army in the battle of Salamis and another king, by the name of Pasikrates, joined Alexander the Great at the siege of Tyros, but lost his quinquireme. Bad luck! (information based on: Inventory of archaic and classical poleis)
Added travelogues on Kourion and Kolossi Castle
On your way to (or from) Kourion you must have a look at this rock, called Petra tou Romiou - this is, according to yet... more travel advice
egonwegh's Related Pages
Kourion Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Just stunning, basically........."
- "Kourion Page"
- "Kourion ancient site"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Kourion
- 2 Reviews
- 11 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (96)
Have you been to Kourion?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kourion
Photos in KourionSee All Photos (11)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nijmegen Intro, 82 reviews, 126 photos, 5 travelogues
- Amsterdam Intro, 29 reviews, 67 photos, 3 travelogues
- Athens Intro, 13 reviews, 71 photos, 3 travelogues
- Berlin Intro, 14 reviews, 50 photos, 4 travelogues
- Salzburg Intro, 8 reviews, 56 photos, 4 travelogues
- The Hague Intro, 21 reviews, 35 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zwolle Intro, 25 reviews, 31 photos
- London Intro, 17 reviews, 37 photos, 3 travelogues
- San Francisco Intro, 9 reviews, 40 photos, 2 travelogues
- Arnhem Intro, 10 reviews, 39 photos, 4 travelogues