"Salzburg Page" Salzburg by egonwegh
Salzburg Travel Guide: 2,738 reviews and 6,672 photos
We arrived by car from Wesenufer in Upper Austria, stayed in town for about 48 hours on the 26th to 28th of August 2011, and departed again in the direction of Golling (Salzburgerland). We stayed at the hotel Itzlinger Hof.
Here's our itinerary for '48 Hours in Salzburg - What To Do?':
Afternoon: arrival at hotel, visit to Mozart's Birthhouse on Getreidegasse, then to Moenchsberg (town panorama), afterwards dinner. Choice is yours, of course, but we opted for the Italian restaurant Il Solo right in the heart of the town, on Gstattengasse.
Morning: first took Festungbahn to Hohensalzburg Castle, audiotour that includes portrait gallery, Aussichtsturm and Salzburger Stier; then to Festung-Museum and Rainer-Museum; coffee break, Manner is a suitable option as it is located right opposite the Dom; afterwards visit Dom and Dom-Museum; followed by lunch along the road at Kaffeehaeferl on Universitaetsplatz/Getreidegasse;
Afternoon: Salzburg Museum at the Neue Residenz; then to Mozart's Wohnhaus on Makartplatz; walk through Mirabell Garden; afterwards dinner, if you are on a tight budget, then why not try MacDonald's at the main railway station (Hauptbahnhof)
Morning: departure from hotel; Petersbrunn; Pferdeschwemme; then to Haus der Natur, with coffee break at their outdoor cafe; afterwards town residence of the Prince-Archbishops (Residenz); then by car to Prince-Archbishops' country seat Castle Hellbrun south of Salzburg
"Hey look, it's the Prince-Archbishops Palace! Gee, these guys sure lived in opulent luxury, didn't they?" (with their... more travel advice
Works of art at the Salzburg Museum. To some extent the objects on display have been inspired by the Christian faith.... more travel advice
egonwegh's Related Pages
Salzburg Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Mozarts Music and Mozart's Kugeln & Nockerl"
- "The Hidden Wonders of Salzburg - A MUST SEE!"
- "One order of Salzburg, please . . ."
- "Fairyland for Real......"
- "SALZBURG - A CITY I LOVED!"
- "Mozart Music and More"
- "Salzburg and the central Austria lake region."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Salzburg
- Hotels in Salzburg
- Transportation in Salzburg
- Nightlife in Salzburg
- Restaurants in Salzburg
- Shopping in Salzburg
- Warnings and Dangers in Salzburg
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Salzburg
- 8 Reviews
- 56 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (103)
Have you been to Salzburg?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Salzburg
Photos in SalzburgSee All Photos (56)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nijmegen Intro, 83 reviews, 127 photos, 5 travelogues
- Amsterdam Intro, 29 reviews, 67 photos, 3 travelogues
- Athens Intro, 13 reviews, 71 photos, 3 travelogues
- The Hague Intro, 25 reviews, 40 photos, 3 travelogues
- Berlin Intro, 14 reviews, 50 photos, 4 travelogues
- Salzburg Intro, 8 reviews, 56 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zwolle Intro, 25 reviews, 31 photos
- London Intro, 17 reviews, 37 photos, 3 travelogues
- Arnhem Intro, 12 reviews, 42 photos, 4 travelogues
- San Francisco Intro, 9 reviews, 40 photos, 2 travelogues