"From Lohme to Stubbenkammer and Jasmund" Stubbenkammer by egonwegh
Stubbenkammer Travel Guide: 4 reviews and 18 photos
28 June 2011. From Lohme we went on foot to the Stubbenkammer area. We visited both the chalk cliffs Koenigsstuhl and the beach below. The beach is covered with chunks of flint that have dropped from the chalk cliffs. The name Stubbenkammer derives from the Slavic words: Stopin = step and kamen = rock.
Visitors may want to note that the area around the famous cliff itself can only be visited upon payment of an entrance fee. Anyone, however, is allowed to walk through the woodlands and attempt the subsequent descent to the beach by means of a flight of stairways and boardwalks.
"A stair of truly mythical proportions" (to quote Wikipedia, writing on Moria's Endless Stair), it will lead you through... more travel advice
egonwegh's Related Pages
Stubbenkammer Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "From Lohme to Stubbenkammer and Jasmund"
- "Please ... have a sit :-)"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Stubbenkammer
- 3 Reviews
- 16 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (103)
Have you been to Stubbenkammer?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Stubbenkammer
Photos in StubbenkammerSee All Photos (16)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nijmegen Intro, 83 reviews, 127 photos, 5 travelogues
- Amsterdam Intro, 29 reviews, 67 photos, 3 travelogues
- Athens Intro, 13 reviews, 71 photos, 3 travelogues
- Berlin Intro, 14 reviews, 50 photos, 4 travelogues
- Salzburg Intro, 8 reviews, 56 photos, 4 travelogues
- The Hague Intro, 21 reviews, 35 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zwolle Intro, 25 reviews, 31 photos
- London Intro, 17 reviews, 37 photos, 3 travelogues
- Arnhem Intro, 12 reviews, 42 photos, 4 travelogues
- San Francisco Intro, 9 reviews, 40 photos, 2 travelogues