"Banyuwangi Page" Banyuwangi by egonwegh
Banyuwangi Travel Guide: 23 reviews and 68 photos
Prior to our arrival in this town, we spent some time at an almost deserted beach restaurant on the north-eastern coast of Java in a place called Pasirputih (literally 'the white sands'). I fear I may have distressed the goddess of the sea, Nyai Loro Kidul, by throwing some ice cubes into the water that happened to be in my drink!
In Banyuwangi we departed from Eastern Java, with Bali as our destination. Though it seemed a relatively short trip - from the jetty we could already see our destination, the town of Gilimanuk on Bali - it took a considerable amount of time, because several ferries had to wait for their turn to enter Gilimanuk harbour. You'll also cross from one time zone into the next somewhere along the way. I remember we ate some instant noodle soup on board.
egonwegh's Related Pages
Banyuwangi Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Banyuwangi Page"
- "Banyuwangi, the hidden beauty of East Java"
- "Meru Betiri National Park"
- "The Harvest Land"
- "Tag end of east Java"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Banyuwangi
- Hotels in Banyuwangi
- Transportation in Banyuwangi
- Nightlife in Banyuwangi
- Restaurants in Banyuwangi
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Banyuwangi
- 1 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (19)
Have you been to Banyuwangi?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Banyuwangi
Photos in BanyuwangiSee All Photos (4)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nijmegen Intro, 74 reviews, 111 photos, 5 travelogues
- Amsterdam Intro, 24 reviews, 53 photos, 3 travelogues
- Berlin Intro, 14 reviews, 50 photos, 4 travelogues
- Salzburg Intro, 8 reviews, 56 photos, 4 travelogues
- The Hague Intro, 21 reviews, 35 photos, 3 travelogues
- London Intro, 17 reviews, 37 photos, 3 travelogues
- United Kingdom Intro, 5 reviews, 43 photos, 1 travelogue
- Netherlands Intro, 7 reviews, 39 photos, 8 travelogues
- Siena Intro, 14 reviews, 28 photos, 2 travelogues
- Thiézac Intro, 5 reviews, 37 photos, 4 travelogues