"Bonjol - the Equator" Bonjol by egonwegh
Bonjol Travel Guide: 0 reviews and 3 photos
14 May 2006: Bonjol, Sumatra - this is where you can cross the equator and buy a t-shirt, which is what we did -- that is to say, we both crossed the equator, but I bought a t-shirt and Jennie didn't ...
I had a chat with one of the t-shirt salesmen and tried to point out that in our culture, too, the woman carries the moneybag most of the time. 'Uang istri' as I expressed it with my limited knowledge of Indonesian ... I also remember saying something along the lines of: ' Kami orang-orang Belanda, kami jalan-jalan Indonesia Raya tiga puluh hari'
- Pros:Great place for having a chat with locals!
- Cons:Having to haggle about prices of something as common as a t-shirt ...
egonwegh's Related Pages
Bonjol Travel Guide
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Bonjol
- 0 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (19)
Have you been to Bonjol?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bonjol
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nijmegen Intro, 74 reviews, 111 photos, 5 travelogues
- Berlin Intro, 14 reviews, 50 photos, 4 travelogues
- Salzburg Intro, 8 reviews, 56 photos, 4 travelogues
- The Hague Intro, 21 reviews, 35 photos, 3 travelogues
- London Intro, 17 reviews, 37 photos, 3 travelogues
- United Kingdom Intro, 6 reviews, 43 photos, 1 travelogue
- Amsterdam Intro, 19 reviews, 29 photos, 1 travelogue
- Netherlands Intro, 7 reviews, 39 photos, 8 travelogues
- Siena Intro, 14 reviews, 28 photos, 2 travelogues
- Thiézac Intro, 5 reviews, 37 photos, 4 travelogues