"Danau Toba Page" Top 5 Page for this destination Danau Toba by egonwegh
Danau Toba Travel Guide: 133 reviews and 479 photos
Lake Toba is the world's largest volcanic lake situated in the heart of the Batak country on Sumatra. (It also ranks 14th on the list of the world's deepest lakes).This picture was taken in the early morning, when white clouds still obscured the crater rim. We crossed the lake from Prapat, spent the night at the Carolina Hotel on the island Samosir and made a bike trip from there. We visited the villages of Ambarita and Tomok, and attended a dance performance at the Huta Bolon Simanindo.
From Danau Toba we moved southwards to Balige on the slopes of the crater lake and from there to Panyabungan in the southernmost part of the Batak country, where we visited the desa Sibanggor Julu.
Besides Lake Toba in Asia, we have also visited the well-known Crater Lake in Oregon (North America) in 2009 and a crater lake, Babogaya Lake, in Ethiopia (Africa), in 2013.
Woven fabrics - a traditional craft on Pulau Samosir. We made a stop along the way from Simanindo to Tuk Tuk. 5 to 25... more travel advice
Oldest graves on this site date back some three- to four hundred years. more travel advice
egonwegh's Related Pages
Danau Toba Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Danau Toba : a dive in Batak country"
- "Horas - Danau Toba"
- "Spend at least one week here!!!!"
- "Kick back and meet the Toba people!"
- "Danau Toba Page"
- "Beberapa capung capung (a few dragonflies)"
- "A calm, large, deep, friendly lake."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Danau Toba
- Hotels in Danau Toba
- Transportation in Danau Toba
- Nightlife in Danau Toba
- Restaurants in Danau Toba
- Shopping in Danau Toba
- Warnings and Dangers in Danau Toba
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Danau Toba
- 10 Reviews
- 21 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (96)
Have you been to Danau Toba?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Danau Toba
Photos in Danau TobaSee All Photos (21)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nijmegen Intro, 80 reviews, 120 photos, 5 travelogues
- Amsterdam Intro, 29 reviews, 67 photos, 3 travelogues
- Berlin Intro, 14 reviews, 50 photos, 4 travelogues
- Salzburg Intro, 8 reviews, 56 photos, 4 travelogues
- The Hague Intro, 21 reviews, 35 photos, 3 travelogues
- London Intro, 17 reviews, 37 photos, 3 travelogues
- Arnhem Intro, 10 reviews, 39 photos, 4 travelogues
- United Kingdom Intro, 5 reviews, 43 photos, 1 travelogue
- Rome Intro, 12 reviews, 35 photos, 2 travelogues
- Netherlands Intro, 7 reviews, 39 photos, 8 travelogues