"funky's new Liverpool Page" Liverpool by funkymama
Liverpool Travel Guide: 1,248 reviews and 2,164 photos
<font color="blue"face="fidelio mn"size="5">A night time view of Liverpool from Wapping Dock.</font>
<font color="blue">Liverpool is a world city of international renown, with its instantly recognisable waterfront, unique accent and famous sons and daughters.
Based in the heart of North-West England, Liverpool is also Britain's favourite day trip destination according to the national tourist board.
The waterfront area attracts millions of visitors each year to admire the rejuvenated Albert Dock.
The city centre is packed with magnificent buildings and splendid architecture. The Government is nominating Liverpool's waterfront and commercial centre as a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
A range of theatres offer first class productions to rival London's West End and many tourists just come to Liverpool for its exciting nightlife. The city centre has a wide choice of cafes, bars, pubs and clubs. Mathew Street, the home of the Cavern Club, still attracts thousands of Beatles fans from all over the world.
The city is alive with musicians, poets, writers, artists, painters, sculptors, designers and architects - further enhancing its image as a European city of culture. Liverpool is bidding to be the European Capital of Culture in 2008.
Liverpool is also a serious sporting city. Liverpool and Everton football clubs are renowned the world over. Liverpool is also home to the world's most famous horse race, the Grand National at Aintree.
Liverpool City of Learning
Liverpool is proud to be a city of learning and is home to a wide range of excellent educational establishments. There are some 60,000 higher education students in the city - testimony to the range and quality of education on offer. Adult education is very popular and well supported, and for school age and nursery pupils the city also has a wide range of choice.</font>
A visit to Knowsiey Safari Park should be undertaken essentially as an exciting and entertaining experience. more travel advice
60 HOPE STREET RESTAURANT AND CAFE BAR. Modern European Cuisine. Roast Rump of Lamb,Root Vegetables. more travel advice
funkymama's Related Pages
Liverpool Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Liverpool - European Capital of Culture 2008"
- "ACROSS THE UNIVERSE"
- "More Than The Beatles...."
- "Liverpool - a dream come true!"
- "Liverpool Revisited"
- "Beatles everywhere!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Liverpool
- Hotels in Liverpool
- Transportation in Liverpool
- Nightlife in Liverpool
- Restaurants in Liverpool
- Shopping in Liverpool
- Warnings and Dangers in Liverpool
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Liverpool
- 8 Reviews
- 9 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 55 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Liverpool?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Liverpool
- Posted in Travel Paris Forum "Re: Disneyland"
- created a Liverpool Travel Page "funky's new Liverpool Page"
- Uploaded a Photo to "funky's new Liverpool Page"
- Wrote a Review THE KNOWSLEY SAFARI PARK. about NOT Liverpool! in Liverpool Things to Do
- Commented on one of jayhawk2000's Liverpool travel pages
Photos in LiverpoolSee All Photos (9)
Top 10 Pages
- Oostende Intro, 94 reviews, 176 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Corfu Island Intro, 21 reviews, 111 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Province de Tanger Intro, 45 reviews, 77 photos, 4 travelogues
- Ibiza Intro, 41 reviews, 50 photos, 1 travelogue
- Marbella Intro, 28 reviews, 58 photos, 5 travelogues
- Brugge Intro, 35 reviews, 41 photos, 2 travelogues
- Belgium Intro, 9 reviews, 55 photos, 1 travelogue
- Antwerp Intro, 14 reviews, 49 photos, 1 travelogue
- Brussels Intro, 29 reviews, 25 photos
- London Intro, 25 reviews, 27 photos, 1 travelogue
FriendsSee All Friends (79)
Latest Liverpool hotel reviews
- Village Hotel & Leisure Club Wirral
- 204 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 10, 2013
- Sir Thomas Hotel
- 239 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 17, 2013
- Campanile Liverpool
- 246 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 18, 2013
- Premier Inn Liverpool (Roby)
- 138 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 14, 2013
- Premier Inn Liverpool - City Centre
- 452 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 15, 2013
- Radisson SAS Liverpool
- 536 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 18, 2013
- Base Serviced Apartments - Royal Quay
- 4 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Mar 8, 2013
- Hard Days Night Hotel
- 724 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 19, 2013
- Inn Comfort
- 9 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jul 1, 2009
- Dolby Hotel
- 273 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 11, 2013
- Holiday Inn Express Liverpool-Knowsley
- 110 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 11, 2013
- Embassie Independent Hostel
- 48 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Mar 15, 2013
- Logwood Mill Hotel
- 2 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 20, 2002
- Travelodge Liverpool Central
- 336 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 28, 2013
- Aachen Hotel
- 103 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 18, 2013