"ZenGator's Tarpon Springs Briefing" Tarpon Springs by ZenGator
Tarpon Springs Travel Guide: 64 reviews and 133 photos
Tarpon Springs is a unique and interesting town. Years ago, sponge divers from Greece came here to harvest the many sponges in the warm, shallow waters off the Gulf coast. Today, the remaining sponge divers mainly dive for tourists' cameras, but Greek culture runs strong through the town.
If you're in the Tampa Bay area for a week or more, it's worth the trip to spend an afternoon in Tarpon Springs. The town is located in northern Pinellas County about 20-30 minutes from St. Pete and 30-40 minutes from Tampa.
The sponge dock area is a nice place to walk, shop at the many shops, get something to eat, and relax. After that,... more travel advice
Howard Park is a unique location in southern Tarpon Springs. There's a regular picnic and play park on the coast, then a... more travel advice
ZenGator's Related Pages
Tarpon Springs Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Florida's Greek Fishing Village and Sponge Docks"
- "Tarpon Springs - A Greek town not on the Med"
- "tarpon springs florida"
- "A little bit of Greece in Florida"
- "ZenGator's Tarpon Springs Briefing"
- "Tarpon Springs"
- "Sponge Divers"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Tarpon Springs
- Hotels in Tarpon Springs
- Transportation in Tarpon Springs
- Nightlife in Tarpon Springs
- Restaurants in Tarpon Springs
- Shopping in Tarpon Springs
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Tarpon Springs
- 7 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 9 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Tarpon Springs?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Tarpon Springs
Top 5 Pages
- Tampa Intro, 16 reviews, 25 photos, 1 travelogue
- Gainesville Intro, 7 reviews, 4 photos
- Tarpon Springs Intro, 7 reviews, 3 photos
- Saint Leo Intro, 5 reviews, 1 photo
- Brandon Intro, 1 review, 3 photos