"Wild yet Wonderful West of my Country" Nova Gorica by oja
Nova Gorica Travel Guide: 20 reviews and 46 photos
Well, Nova Gorica itself is nothing to write home about, and this is what other VT members who were there have already found out. The town is no more than 50 years old and rather small and peripheral, which will give you the appropriate picture of its architecture (Socialist) and spirit (none). However, your adventure begins as soon as you leave it. It's surrounded by some wonderful areas which I'm going to present on this page. The first is Goriska Brda, a hilly oasis of top class wines, hypnotic beauty and overfriendly people. The second is the lower valley of Soca, our most beautiful and scenic river - particularly of the old picturesque town of Kanal. Pop in! And don't forget to visit next time you're near.
A centuries old and accordingly picturesque town in famous for its bridge over the Soca (photo). It's also the best... more travel advice
All over the place - you won't find a farmer who won't let you taste the homemade cheeses, salamis, local specialties... more travel advice
oja's Related Pages
Nova Gorica Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A mad rush through the Soca Valley"
- "DOBRODOSLI TO MY NOVA GORICA PAGE......:-)"
- "Wild yet Wonderful West of my Country"
- "NOVA GORICA"
- "Turquoise wonder"
- "NOVA GORICA - SLOVENIA"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Nova Gorica
- Hotels in Nova Gorica
- Transportation in Nova Gorica
- Nightlife in Nova Gorica
- Restaurants in Nova Gorica
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Nova Gorica
- 11 Reviews
- 9 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 42 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Nova Gorica?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Nova Gorica
- Posted in Travel Ljubljana Forum "Re: Re: Anybody stayed in Hostel..."
- Wrote a Review Kanal ob Soci in Nova Gorica Things to Do
- created a Nova Gorica Travel Page "Wild yet Wonderful West of my Country"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Goriska Brda is above all a..."
- Commented on one of richiecdisc's Nova Gorica travel pages
Photos in Nova GoricaSee All Photos (9)
Top 10 Pages
- Slovenia Intro, 46 reviews, 30 photos, 2 travelogues
- Berlin Intro, 26 reviews, 21 photos, 2 travelogues
- Antwerp Intro, 23 reviews, 17 photos, 1 travelogue
- Ljubljana Intro, 22 reviews, 15 photos, 2 travelogues
- Kotor Intro, 16 reviews, 11 photos
- Padova Intro, 15 reviews, 11 photos
- Piran Intro, 15 reviews, 8 photos
- London Intro, 14 reviews, 8 photos
- Celje Intro, 12 reviews, 10 photos
- Trieste Intro, 12 reviews, 9 photos