"Our Own Private Dubrovnik" Piran by oja

Piran Travel Guide: 510 reviews and 1,200 photos

Although Slovenia has but 40 kilometres of coast, that still provides enough room for some lovely towns, of which Piran is undoubtedly the beauty queen. The good thing about it is that it never became a museum or a holiday resort (for that, head to the nearby Portoroz), but preserved its basic function - that of being a home for a few thousand people who give it the characteristic spirit.

I always love going to Piran and I'm really happy when an opportunity comes up. Although it's a part of my own country, it's somehow different. Its labyrinth architecture (typically Mediterranean, yes) provides for miles of pleasant wandering, and I never get bored of tasting seafood in its restaurants no matter how often I do it. Come and see for yourself. I'll be glad to accompany you!

• Last visit to Piran: Jun 2002
  • Intro Written Sep 9, 2002

• MITNIC's Profile Photo
    Sep 30, 2003 at 3:46 AM

Very helpful info in fact! I will be there soon. I am thinking were can be better place to stay...

• pepples46's Profile Photo
    Sep 24, 2003 at 1:04 AM

I am not surprised reading, german is spoken here...talented people!!made it very easy to travel in this part of the world ^..^ fine page, excellent tips and I love your pics..o ja

• deeper_blue's Profile Photo
    Jul 13, 2003 at 5:08 PM

I enjoyed your Piran page, great insight into Slovenia's beautiful coastal town.

• Marie-France's Profile Photo
    May 15, 2003 at 6:50 PM

Thanks for the tips! I've added some sticky notes to my Slovenia Lonely Planet guidebook. I should be in Piran June 3-5.

• Drphoto's Profile Photo
    Apr 30, 2003 at 3:36 AM

Hmm, u pravu si, Portoroz jeste glamurozan (po meni, sigurno u rangu Azurne obale) ali Piran ima nesto... ima dusu !

• MATIM's Profile Photo
    Jun 30, 2002 at 2:54 PM

I visit next week, thank you for the info :))

• Jun 9, 2002 at 6:35 PM

Great pictures and info!

• Porteplume's Profile Photo
    May 2, 2002 at 6:31 AM

Great page ! We live in Holland Mussels harbour Nr 1 !... ;-)

• gamalfreedom's Profile Photo
    Nov 5, 2001 at 4:20 AM

COOL

• Carla.Razenb's Profile Photo
    Oct 23, 2001 at 12:48 PM

Loved Piran!!! exelent Tiramisu on Tartini square!!!

oja

“Bring me a shrubberry or I`ll say Ni!”

Badges & Stats in Piran