"Our Own Private Dubrovnik" Piran by oja
Piran Travel Guide: 514 reviews and 1,220 photos
Although Slovenia has but 40 kilometres of coast, that still provides enough room for some lovely towns, of which Piran is undoubtedly the beauty queen. The good thing about it is that it never became a museum or a holiday resort (for that, head to the nearby Portoroz), but preserved its basic function - that of being a home for a few thousand people who give it the characteristic spirit.
I always love going to Piran and I'm really happy when an opportunity comes up. Although it's a part of my own country, it's somehow different. Its labyrinth architecture (typically Mediterranean, yes) provides for miles of pleasant wandering, and I never get bored of tasting seafood in its restaurants no matter how often I do it. Come and see for yourself. I'll be glad to accompany you!
Tartini Square The central square of Piran (you can't miss it no matter how hard you try) is an excellent spot to hang... more travel advice
(about 5 km from... Off The Beaten Path (1)
Strunjan (about 5 km from Piran towards Izola) boasts the only decent beach in Slovenia. Well worth a visit also for... more travel advice
oja's Related Pages
Piran Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Slovenia with a touch of Venice"
- "One of the most livable places in Europe."
- "PIRAN - the pearl of Slovenian Coast"
- "Piran - Slovenia's coastal jewel"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Piran
- Hotels in Piran
- Transportation in Piran
- Nightlife in Piran
- Restaurants in Piran
- Shopping in Piran
- Warnings and Dangers in Piran
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Piran
- 15 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 27 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (8)
Have you been to Piran?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Piran
Photos in PiranSee All Photos (8)
Top 10 Pages
- Slovenia Intro, 46 reviews, 30 photos, 2 travelogues
- Berlin Intro, 26 reviews, 21 photos, 2 travelogues
- Antwerp Intro, 23 reviews, 17 photos, 1 travelogue
- Ljubljana Intro, 22 reviews, 15 photos, 2 travelogues
- Kotor Intro, 16 reviews, 11 photos
- Padova Intro, 15 reviews, 11 photos
- Piran Intro, 15 reviews, 8 photos
- London Intro, 14 reviews, 8 photos
- Celje Intro, 12 reviews, 10 photos
- Trieste Intro, 12 reviews, 9 photos