"Nara -- City of Temples & Deer" Nara by shrimp56
Nara Travel Guide: 258 reviews and 1,049 photos
The pictures of Japan were taken by my husband on a wonderful 2 week trip to Kyoto and the surrounding area. When I can get him to label his pictures better I will have more info to post!
Nara was the capital of Japan between the year 710 and the year 784.
The Great Hall of the Buddha is part of the Todai-ji temple complex in Nara. The site was begun in the early 700s to... more travel advice
The pillars inside the hall are so big that they had to be made from several trees. The Great Buddha Hall is still the... more travel advice
shrimp56's Related Pages
Nara Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "One of Japan's ancient capitals"
- "Rich Culture in the Countryside"
- "Nara - A historical City."
- "Deer Nara"
- "Nara - Ancient Japanese City"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Nara
- Hotels in Nara
- Transportation in Nara
- Restaurants in Nara
- Shopping in Nara
- Warnings and Dangers in Nara
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Nara
- 7 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 15 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (59)
Have you been to Nara?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Nara
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Paris Intro, 381 reviews, 744 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chicago Intro, 190 reviews, 299 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Skopje Intro, 104 reviews, 147 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Minneapolis Intro, 69 reviews, 127 photos, 4 travelogues
- Bangkok Intro, 63 reviews, 106 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ohrid Intro, 63 reviews, 106 photos, 5 travelogues
- Belgrade Intro, 62 reviews, 97 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Naperville Intro, 68 reviews, 88 photos, 1 travelogue
- Las Vegas Intro, 51 reviews, 103 photos, 5 travelogues
- London Intro, 41 reviews, 86 photos