Fayetteville Things to Do Tips by shrimp56
Fayetteville Things to Do: 11 reviews and 11 photos
The Stickley family lived just a couple of blocks from their furniture factory. The house still displays its grandeur in its size and decoration saved from the time of Leopold Stickley himself.
The contents were sold in an estate auction in 1982, but the house remains.
Address: 308 Clinton St
Directions: SW corner of Clinton and Walnut Sts
One of the beautiful Federal era homes on E. Genesee was the home of early an social justice advocate, Matilda Joslyn Gage. It is now the home of the Matilda Joslyn Gage Foundation, which, in addition to maintaining the house and its exhibits, supports social justice events in the area. You can visit the house, but you should call first to learn the hours.
Address: 210 East Genesee St
Directions: SW corner of E. Genesee and Walnut Sts
Other Contact: email@example.com
Phone: (315) 637-9511
The Stickley Furniture Company made its furniture in this factory for many years. It was on my route to school every day -- you sure could smell the glue:(
Furniture was made here from 1900-1985 when the factory was moved to Manlius, NY [the town next door:)]
The 22nd and 24th president of the United States, Grover Cleveland (1837 - 1908), lived in this house from the ages of 4 to 13. It is a private home.
The park was more than the lake. The municipal festivities for Memorial Day and the 4th of July were held here -- with plenty of music, flags and boring speeches:)
Please click on the link below for pictures of the 2003 Memorial Parade -- you'll recognize the park -- where all parades end up in Fayetteville!
The office area of the old factory building has now been renovated to house the Fayetteville Free Library. They did it with a lot of Craftsman touches.
Address: 300 Orchard St.
When I started school back in the dark ages this was the building for all grades of the Fayetteville school district. After we merged with nearby Manlius -- thus giving up maroon and white for green and white, this was the high school. So I attended grade school and high school in this building! It is now a "middle school"
There was an old oak tree that was the school's symbol. It has since died -- I wonder what they did about the words in the school song???
Address: N. Manlius St.
When I was growing up the public library was in this building. After a few expansions it outgrew this space on Genesee St. Check out my Stickley tips for the new location!
I have many happy memories of walking to this building and taking out books.
I don't remember it being called Wellwood Park when I was a kid. It was just across a side street from the school.
This is where I fell through the ice one wintry day ...
I can't remember the exact year the post office moved from here to down the street, but since then it's had an interesting succession of shops inside. The post office has moved again, to east of town on rte 92.
Address: Limestone Plaza/Brooklea
More Reviews (9)
shrimp56's Related Pages
Fayetteville Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Fayetteville
- Hotels in Fayetteville
- Restaurants in Fayetteville
- Shopping in Fayetteville
- See All...
Explore the World
- Ouderkerk aan de Amstel
- Invergarry Hotels
- Palitana Hotels
- Mandeville North Hotels
- Sodus Point
- Gujranwala Hotels
- Caldas de Monchique
Badges & Stats in Fayetteville
- 19 Reviews
- 40 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 10 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (37)
Have you been to Fayetteville?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Fayetteville
- Posted in Travel London Forum "Re: Old Oyster card?"
- Wrote a Review Old Erie Canal State Historic Park @ Cedar Bay in Fayetteville Off The Beaten Path
- Uploaded a Photo to "Old Erie Canal State Historic Park @ Cedar Bay"
- updated a Fayetteville Travel Page "Where I am FROM"
- Commented on one of kooka3's Fayetteville travel pages
Photos in FayettevilleSee All Photos (40)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Paris Intro, 379 reviews, 738 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chicago Intro, 189 reviews, 295 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Skopje Intro, 104 reviews, 147 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Minneapolis Intro, 69 reviews, 127 photos, 4 travelogues
- Bangkok Intro, 63 reviews, 106 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ohrid Intro, 63 reviews, 106 photos, 5 travelogues
- Belgrade Intro, 62 reviews, 97 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Naperville Intro, 68 reviews, 88 photos, 1 travelogue
- Las Vegas Intro, 51 reviews, 103 photos, 5 travelogues
- London Intro, 41 reviews, 86 photos
Latest Fayetteville hotel reviews
- Craftsman Inn
- 78 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 14, 2013