"Trojan Horse, Eiffel Tower & other Strange Sights" Las Vegas by shrimp56

Las Vegas Travel Guide: 8,467 reviews and 17,466 photos

Las Vegas fascinates me as a place that is a "real fake" or a "fake real." Don't miss the Wedding Chapel travelogue ;)

Just back from a 4 night stay with my husband -- his first visit. We stayed at The Luxor [his choice, not mine] and ate at Mesa Grill and Bouchon. Report to follow:)

In Memoriam

TOO LATE -- Desert Passage is now history ...
+++++++
Aladdin has been sold to Planet Hollywood and the Desert Passage Shops have been sold to someone else. When I mentioned to a salesperson that I would miss the atmosphere, she said that they wouldn't because there was "no energy in here."

• Pros:Great food & shopping -- superb people-watching!!
  • Cons:The culture of gambling -- and the heat :(((
  • In a nutshell:If you keep your perspective it's a fascinating place ..
  • Last visit to Las Vegas: May 2004
  • Intro Updated Jul 11, 2007

• Dec 26, 2008 at 5:29 AM

I had a great time at this hotel, I found there the best free cleopatra slots /a>.don't miss it...

• hunterV's Profile Photo
    Apr 17, 2007 at 12:34 PM

Hi, Sally, your pages have always attracted me! Thanks a lot for your great work and sharing!

• KimberlyAnn's Profile Photo
    Nov 13, 2006 at 4:08 PM

Nice tips, it looks like the Venetian is a must. It is nice to see someone who isn't afraid to say the Ceasar's Palace is over blown---very helpful, think we will skip that one.

• ATXtraveler's Profile Photo
    Aug 21, 2006 at 2:30 AM

Any clue what happened to Dr. Devito?

• whitecliff62's Profile Photo
    Mar 29, 2006 at 11:58 AM

Hi Sally, superb page, now this is my kind of destination, gambling, gambling, gambling, its a pity the wife doesn't see my point of view LOL

• TinKan's Profile Photo
    Jul 30, 2005 at 9:29 AM

Looks like you really enjoyed my home town. You can find just about anything you want there. Enjoy life and all that it has to offer.

• Djinn76's Profile Photo
    Jan 13, 2005 at 1:27 PM

This city looks completely crazy!! I can't hardly wait to be there...Great page, I now have a slight idea about what to expect! Good thing I'm not a gambler neither ;-)

• bugalugs's Profile Photo
    Dec 11, 2004 at 3:00 PM

an excellent page, really sound tips, glad I came by, I will be visiting here in a few days from the UK, thanks

• ZanieOR's Profile Photo
    Aug 26, 2004 at 8:44 AM

Your photos and commentary are great. Time to start planning another trip with my son who turns 21 next year. He was 14 when he was in LV before.

• freya_heaven's Profile Photo
    Aug 20, 2004 at 3:59 AM

This places looks amazing, Excellent page, so many wonderful photos & great info. I would love to visit here. Well Done Sally (~_~)

shrimp56

“Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness. -- Mark Twain”

Badges & Stats in Las Vegas

Have you been to Las Vegas?