"Trojan Horse, Eiffel Tower & other Strange Sights" Las Vegas by shrimp56
Las Vegas Travel Guide: 8,467 reviews and 17,466 photos
Las Vegas fascinates me as a place that is a "real fake" or a "fake real." Don't miss the Wedding Chapel travelogue ;)
Just back from a 4 night stay with my husband -- his first visit. We stayed at The Luxor [his choice, not mine] and ate at Mesa Grill and Bouchon. Report to follow:)
TOO LATE -- Desert Passage is now history ...
Aladdin has been sold to Planet Hollywood and the Desert Passage Shops have been sold to someone else. When I mentioned to a salesperson that I would miss the atmosphere, she said that they wouldn't because there was "no energy in here."
- Pros:Great food & shopping -- superb people-watching!!
- Cons:The culture of gambling -- and the heat :(((
- In a nutshell:If you keep your perspective it's a fascinating place ..
This is a colorful restaurant when you first enter, but there are more muted areas further back. Julian Serrano also is... more travel advice
For my $$$ The Venetian is the best of the "themed" hotels. The detail is stunning both inside and out. Please visit the... more travel advice
- See All The Right Amount of Everything
- See All Making the scene at The Venetian
- See All Very little is cheap in this town ...
- See All Venice was never like this!
shrimp56's Related Pages
Las Vegas Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Las Vegas - Always Updating!"
- "What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas!"
- "A tourists view of Las Vegas"
- "Vegas - City with a sleeping disorder"
- "las vegas"
- "Viva Las Vegas"
- "Las Vegas: An Escape From Reality"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Las Vegas
- Hotels in Las Vegas
- Transportation in Las Vegas
- Nightlife in Las Vegas
- Restaurants in Las Vegas
- Shopping in Las Vegas
- Warnings and Dangers in Las Vegas
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Las Vegas
- 51 Reviews
- 103 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 22 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (35)
Have you been to Las Vegas?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Las Vegas
- Posted in Travel Avignon Forum "Re: Arriving Provence Late..."
- Commented on one of riorich55's Las Vegas tips
- Uploaded a Photo to "Delicious Tapas in an Exquisite Setting"
- Wrote a Review Delicious Tapas in an Exquisite Setting about Aria Hotel & Casino in Las Vegas Restaurants
- updated a Las Vegas Travel Page "Trojan Horse, Eiffel Tower & other Strange Sights"
Photos in Las VegasSee All Photos (103)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Paris Intro, 380 reviews, 740 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chicago Intro, 189 reviews, 295 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Skopje Intro, 104 reviews, 147 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Minneapolis Intro, 69 reviews, 127 photos, 4 travelogues
- Bangkok Intro, 63 reviews, 106 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ohrid Intro, 63 reviews, 106 photos, 5 travelogues
- Belgrade Intro, 62 reviews, 97 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Naperville Intro, 68 reviews, 88 photos, 1 travelogue
- Las Vegas Intro, 51 reviews, 103 photos, 5 travelogues
- London Intro, 41 reviews, 86 photos