"A Terrific Town!" Top 5 Page for this destination Minneapolis by shrimp56

Minneapolis Travel Guide: 933 reviews and 1,636 photos

He's Graduated!!!

Our Macedonian "son" graduated from the Institute of Technology at the "U" in "double E". Electrical Engineering to those of us short on the lingo! It was a wonderful event -- but of course I cried as any "mom" does ;)

This picture summarizes downtown Minneapolis nicely. You see the skyways which link the downtown buildings making it unecessary to go outside in the winter. The reflection in the modern glass building is of the former tallest building in MSP before the IDS building was built, the Foshay Tower.

Beautiful flowers at the Cowles Conservatory & Regis Gardens next to the Walker Art Center.

• Pros:Civilized, friendly
  • Cons:It's either COLD or the other "state bird" is biting :)
  • In a nutshell:Great place to live, study, work -- but dress warmly!!!
  • Last visit to Minneapolis: Feb 2003
  • Intro Updated May 8, 2006

• septem's Profile Photo
    Jun 10, 2009 at 11:20 AM

Lovely pages and tips. Juliana

• hunterV's Profile Photo
    Mar 4, 2006 at 12:34 PM

What splendid architecture and the landmarks...Everything is so fresh and impressive!

• msp_ssa's Profile Photo
    May 30, 2005 at 11:55 PM

Thanks for your money : ) Nice Minneapolis page, I like your take on our city. When we go back to Chicago I will be sure you go through your extensive page.

• yooperprof's Profile Photo
    May 29, 2005 at 9:03 PM

I'm looking forward to seeing the new Walker - thanks for the pics and the tip on the cafe!

• globetrott's Profile Photo
    Apr 26, 2005 at 10:25 AM

Creative transport 305 looks interesting ! - it is a bike with a cabin imported from Europe . read more about it : cab-bike.com/deutsch/paginaf...

• tini58de's Profile Photo
    Mar 26, 2005 at 7:18 AM

Interesting page, Sally - I will come back later to look around a little more!

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Feb 21, 2005 at 2:38 PM

Nice photos. Glad to hear the Light Rail system has opened.

• pepples46's Profile Photo
    Jan 30, 2005 at 4:29 PM

gosh I learnt a lot today..Mary !! and City build for the cold, food could interest me, reading the walls while I eat ^..^..not to forget the loo's, Minneapolis has it all. super page Sally!

• TimDaoust's Profile Photo
    Jan 16, 2005 at 5:45 AM

Hey, Great tips and pics on Minneapolis. You have a great eye for photography. Only been to Minnesota once on a short trip. Must return soon, then.

• mvtouring's Profile Photo
    Sep 8, 2004 at 7:57 AM

Lovely to see Minneapolis through your eyes. I do think I must visit America soon

shrimp56

“Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness. -- Mark Twain”

Badges & Stats in Minneapolis

Have you been to Minneapolis?

Latest Activity in Minneapolis