"Chicago!" Top 5 Page for this destination Chicago by shrimp56
Chicago Travel Guide: 5,958 reviews and 12,275 photos
A Chicago institution closed its doors. It's the family-owned Berghoff Restaurant [see my restaurant tips] -- parts will remain open, but the old main dining room will be used for private parties.
And Marshall Field's is now a Macy's and you might be asking what's left?
The answer is PLENTY!!!
Check out my tips and those of the other top Chicago pages and you will know that CHICAGO is still your kind of town ;)
The Chagall windows are back and better than ever!
Unfortunately Marc Chagall's The America Windows  at the Art Institute of Chicago, created for the US bicentennial are now under wraps during the big renovation project at the Art Institute and will be unavailable for several years :((((
I have added two travelogues that focus on the major periods of architecture in Chicago. The best way to experience Chicago's great architectural gems is through the walking tours sponsored by The Chicago Architecture Foundation. Their website is: www.architecture.org/
Dabs, MJB123, Deecat & I had a lovely time at Cafe LaGuardia.
I am happiest with the lake in view. There are many ways to have that experience -- from Sear's Tower to Navy Pier [especially the ferris wheel!] to various boat tours. The boat tour I recommend is run by the Chicago Architecture Foundation , which focuses on the river and gives a good overview of Chicago Architecture.
My husband & I have eaten at the restaurants & stayed at the hotels listed on this page, unless otherwise noted.
- Pros:The lake, the food, the people, the art, the architecture, the shopping ...
- Cons:The weather, the public transportation
- In a nutshell:My kind of town:)
We had not eaten here in many years. On our first visit we had no idea how to handle the menu, but after much more... more travel advice
UPDATE: Ms Kim has left Aria. There is a new chef and, although there are still some of her dishes remaining, the menu... more travel advice
- See All A Roaring Season!
- See All Good theatre in the Loop
- See All Don't miss the medieval paintings at...
- See All It's popping on NorthMichigan
- See All Stay on the river, but near the...
shrimp56's Related Pages
Chicago Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The place I call home"
- "Captivating City of "The Big Shoulders": Chicago"
- "Never A Lovely So Real"
- "Chicago - My Favorite City in the United States!"
- "Sweet Home Chicago!"
- "Chicago - I was surprised by how much I enjoyed it"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Chicago
- Hotels in Chicago
- Transportation in Chicago
- Nightlife in Chicago
- Restaurants in Chicago
- Shopping in Chicago
- Warnings and Dangers in Chicago
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Chicago
- 190 Reviews
- 299 Photos
- 9 Forum posts
- 145 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (59)
Have you been to Chicago?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Chicago
Photos in ChicagoSee All Photos (299)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Paris Intro, 381 reviews, 747 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chicago Intro, 190 reviews, 299 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Skopje Intro, 104 reviews, 147 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Minneapolis Intro, 69 reviews, 127 photos, 4 travelogues
- Bangkok Intro, 63 reviews, 106 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ohrid Intro, 63 reviews, 106 photos, 5 travelogues
- Belgrade Intro, 62 reviews, 97 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Naperville Intro, 68 reviews, 88 photos, 1 travelogue
- Las Vegas Intro, 51 reviews, 103 photos, 5 travelogues
- London Intro, 41 reviews, 86 photos