"Dip, Plunge and Twirl ..." Mission Beach by shrimp56

Mission Beach Travel Guide: 27 reviews and 39 photos

Walk through the gates at Belmont Park in Mission Bay and all of these activities and more are available to you!
The Giant Dipper roller coaster [in the background of the picture above] is the historic centerpiece of the park, but the Plunge Pool, Liberty Carousel and the Chaos ride aren't far behind ;)

What I liked best about Belmont Park, besides the "old time" amusement park feel -- was that things were very close together and prices seemed reasonable.
It wasn't a foggy day -- we were under what the locals call "The Marine Layer." Looked like fog to me;)

Please see my Mission Beach tips for comments on this beautiful carousel. I especially liked the "old time" feel of the park -- rides I knew as a child mixed with more modern ones.

• Pros:Plenty of Action at a reasonable price ...
  • Cons:Not for the delicate of stomach ...
  • In a nutshell:Go for the ostrich on the Carousel & leave the gut-churning rides to others:)
  • Last visit to Mission Beach: Mar 2003
  • Intro Updated Mar 23, 2004

• cachaseiro's Profile Photo
    Mar 21, 2005 at 6:08 PM

nice stories from mission beach. i really enjoyed that place myself.

• acemj's Profile Photo
    Apr 10, 2004 at 9:11 PM

I love Belmont Park. Brings back great memories (my friend Susan and I used to love riding that old wooden coaster . . . )

• matcrazy1's Profile Photo
    Apr 3, 2004 at 2:23 PM

I visited Eurodisney close to Paris once (as an adult) and it's enough although... when I am over 70 maybe I will try again :-)

• myriam_c's Profile Photo
    Mar 29, 2004 at 1:45 PM

Nice pics, but where's the BEACH? I'm with Christine on this one: hate these things!

• tini58de's Profile Photo
    Mar 25, 2004 at 4:39 AM

I definitely was expecting something different, when opening this page.... I HATE these things, but the pics are great!!!

• lmkluque's Profile Photo
    Mar 23, 2004 at 6:20 PM

Great comments! My stomach is upset from just looking at those rides! Lovely photos!!

shrimp56

“Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness. -- Mark Twain”

Badges & Stats in Mission Beach

Have you been to Mission Beach?

Latest Activity in Mission Beach