"Sevilla, Granada & The Alhambra" Andalucía by shrimp56

Andalucía Travel Guide: 12,605 reviews and 33,251 photos

I lost my heart in Andalucia!

I've visited Spain twice -- in 1961 I enjoyed Madrid and Toledo. In 1981 I visited a friend who was living in Sevilla while doing her doctoral research. I stayed in Barrio Santa Cruz [the old Jewish quarter], ate tostadas for breakfast and did tapas before anyone had heard much about them on my side of the Atlantic.

The lush green foliage and fruits on the trees belied the water shortage that Sevilla was experiencing that summer. So we drank a lot of bottled water, with gas, spiked with red wine :))))

I've grouped my pictures of Andalucia here as my experience isn't recent and I don't want to pretend to be providing a detailed guide to Sevilla & Granada.
A beautiful building in Andalucia --it's either in Granada or Sevilla -- perhaps you can help me?

• Last visit to Andalucía: Jun 1981
  • Intro Updated May 7, 2004

• pikuu's Profile Photo
    Apr 10, 2009 at 2:32 AM

It was really great experience for me to travel around Andalusia. Thanx for sharing your opinions and pictures!

• pepples46's Profile Photo
    Jul 28, 2004 at 11:10 PM

exactly, the Patio de los Naranjo a cool retreat from the Andalucian heat. excellent infos and amazing pics, thanx for sharing

• herzog63's Profile Photo
    Apr 19, 2004 at 3:29 AM

Hmm.....that's what I should do too......put all of my mystery photos up...hahhaha Looks like 20 years of fun!!

• Carmela71's Profile Photo
    Apr 3, 2004 at 2:20 PM

4 Alhambra, Generalife gardens 5 same place but views of granada, 7 palacio de la madraza granada, 8 sevilla views from giralda, I would say... But I have to check when the british museeum moved to Andalucia, last time I visited was in London hehehe

• matcrazy1's Profile Photo
    Apr 3, 2004 at 2:06 PM

Mystery #4 = Alhambra, I think :-). Haha, I have a few hundreds mysterious pictures from the past :-)))

• acemj's Profile Photo
    Mar 29, 2004 at 5:12 AM

Sally, thanks so much for the birthday wishes (and your homepage gift!). The only thing I would be on is that the last photo is taken from La Giralda in Sevilla. ;-)

shrimp56

“Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness. -- Mark Twain”

Badges & Stats in Andalucía

Have you been to Andalucía?