"Sevilla, Granada & The Alhambra" Andalucía by shrimp56
Andalucía Travel Guide: 12,678 reviews and 33,588 photos
I've visited Spain twice -- in 1961 I enjoyed Madrid and Toledo. In 1981 I visited a friend who was living in Sevilla while doing her doctoral research. I stayed in Barrio Santa Cruz [the old Jewish quarter], ate tostadas for breakfast and did tapas before anyone had heard much about them on my side of the Atlantic.
The lush green foliage and fruits on the trees belied the water shortage that Sevilla was experiencing that summer. So we drank a lot of bottled water, with gas, spiked with red wine :))))
This building is the former tobacco factory of Carmen fame. It is now part of the University of Seville. . The opera... more travel advice
The big festival in Seville is called "Santa Semana", or Holy Week. It is in honor of the Virgin Mary and the suffering... more travel advice
shrimp56's Related Pages
Andalucía Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Andalucía - a fantastic winter vacation spot!"
- "Todo aquello que deseas!"
- "Al - Andalus"
- "Costa Da Sol"
- "My trip around Andalucia"
- "My island in Andalusia"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Andalucía
- Hotels in Andalucía
- Transportation in Andalucía
- Nightlife in Andalucía
- Restaurants in Andalucía
- Shopping in Andalucía
- Warnings and Dangers in Andalucía
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Andalucía
- 7 Reviews
- 24 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (58)
Have you been to Andalucía?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Andalucía
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Paris Intro, 381 reviews, 744 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chicago Intro, 190 reviews, 299 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Skopje Intro, 104 reviews, 147 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Minneapolis Intro, 69 reviews, 127 photos, 4 travelogues
- Bangkok Intro, 63 reviews, 106 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ohrid Intro, 63 reviews, 106 photos, 5 travelogues
- Belgrade Intro, 62 reviews, 97 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Naperville Intro, 68 reviews, 88 photos, 1 travelogue
- Las Vegas Intro, 51 reviews, 103 photos, 5 travelogues
- London Intro, 41 reviews, 86 photos